Epic Ride Route Report

JackFlash

I pulled out of the driveway at 3:00pm.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able

to go.  No time to send out invites.  So, I went.

Took the scenic route.  Down OH-13, off onto Linnville road, across Rt 40, 204 to Glennford, and 757 to Somerset.

This is where I picked up the route for the Epic Ride.

668 through Junction City, right on 93, and on into Logan.  Went to Kroger and filled up.  Popped into Dairy Queen

to take a leak, then jumped on the bike and took off.  It was around 5:00pm by then.

93 to 56, 691.  Got to Nelsonville and things got fuzzy.

Went under Rt 33 and stopped.  Something wasn't right.  Missed a turn.  Looking for Old US-33.  Turned around and

found it back down at the bottom of the hill.  Should have turned left.  Marked "Business".  Watch for it.  Traffic light

there.  Long way around though.  Better for me to have gone straight, onto 78, point D to F, instead of D,E,F.  Must

be a gas stop in there I don't know about. 

Burr Oak, zig zag at Happy Hollow, and I'm on 78 to 685.  Found 13, and back on 78.  Gassed at Malta.  Sun was dropping fast.

Jumped on 669 and hoped the river wasn't over the road somewhere.  Almost got my tires wet.  Hope it doesn't rain

much before the ride.  May need a detour.

669 all the way back to Somerset.  Up 13, back into town.  Pulled in driveway at 8:30.  Man, my neck is sore.  Don't

see how you crotch rocket guys can ride for a long time with your head up like that.

Thought I went through a place called Coolville.  Road was down to one lane with a red light just after the curve. 

Be on your toes for that.  It really sneaks up on you.  Just after the red light, there is a curve full of stones from the

construction.  That's another scary spot. 

Neck hurts like hell.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't Coolville. Was Coonville. Bad place for a traffic light in the middle of nowhere, just around a curve. Too easy to get run over by a car coming around the curve when you are stopped at the red light. Locals know it's there. We don't.

Didn't mention the usual curves just out of site, immediately over the rise. Some marked. Many not. Hard braked a few times. No close calls.

With no festivities, or dinner invites, and most leaving end point before slower groups arrive, see no reason not to bail out at Somerset.

Yeah I rode 669 a couple weekends ago and that traffic light was there. It kind of came up out of no where, which is why I'm surprised they don't have a sign farther back saying it's coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I rode 669 a couple weekends ago and that traffic light was there. It kind of came up out of no where, which is why I'm surprised they don't have a sign farther back saying it's coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a sign.  BUT...you still don't expect the

light to be out of sight and immediately after the curve.

Jack, or anyone else, had the opportunity to ride the route at all this week? Curious to know if road conditions have changed/improved/worsened. Hoping no limbs are down from the wind this week, and no wash out to speak of

Jack, or anyone else, had the opportunity to ride the route

at all this week? Curious to know if road conditions have

changed/improved/worsened. Hoping no limbs are down

from the wind this week, and no wash out to speak of

I road it ten days ago.  All of Malta could be washed

away by now.

There was a sign.  BUT...you still don't expect the

light to be out of sight and immediately after the curve.

Ask mojocho and jschaf about that light :)

Mojo almost went bowling for motorcycles and jschaf just decided to run it with 2 cars coming the other way. 

That was my biggest "oh shit" moment of the ride since it could have involved other riders. Combination of dirty road and not paying attention. Derek did wave us to slow down, but apparently I was having to much fun to pay attention. Whew.

With no festivities, or dinner invites, and most leaving end point before slower groups arrive, see no reason not to bail out at Somerset.

this year there were several times the med-fast, medium and slow meet up. once at the gas stop and then at the end. Some of us did go out to eat afterwards. Also we did a pic at the end but most of med-fast had already headed back. see you should of went you could of went out to dinner with us. Ohioriders can be unpredictable from time to time :)

There were four groups.

Fast ride had 4

MEd fast had 10-11

Med had 10 - 11

Slow - 13

Tonik's island of hate - 2

Ninjadoc - 1

Pretty good turnout considering most of the riders were not from the central Ohio region.

In fact, I would say 75% of the riders road over 2 hours to make the meetup. Some road 4-5 hrs.

Yep. We started with 11. Dropped one at 33 at the beginning. Got an extra from a faster group on 691. Picked up 2 more @ the gas stop in Malta.

So we finished with 13.

Edited by Cdubyah