Good News thread:

Gump

You shoulda tied the string to a doorknob and slammed the door.

This guy is a genius.

uhhhhhhh No...way.....it felt like a pipe cleaner being pulled from your kidney down thru the bladder and out your weiner. There's corners in there!

• Upvote 2

That's just... Gaw... Sounds like a good way to end up with a "weird wood" issue. Btw, I'm surprised nobody has derailed your thread yet... Weird wood. Lol

I was wondering who would pick up on that and say something first. Never drempt it would be you. I like your 12 year-old boy sense of humor.

• Upvote 1

I have lived up to one of my life long dreams of being married to a sugar mama. The wife has accepted a full time job at Ohio Health Bing Cancer Center working as a tech in their mobile mammogram unit, as well as other dutys at the center. This means she finally makes more than me, hense she is now my sugar mama :D

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 4

congrats to her, and YOU!

Thanks, but on a serious note I'm happy that she finally gets to do something she's been wanting to do instead of settling for what was available. And that she has been working hard for the last four to five years. Im exited that she will be happy.

My wife's cousins, Bobby and Roger Reuse are racecar drivers from Alabama. This year, they were able to line up a partnership to race the three Nascar Nationwide series road course races. I have worked in their pit crew for about 20 races with their regular Scca and late model races.

This past weekend, I was in the pit crew for the Nationwide race at Mid-ohio.

Very cool experience,from the driver meeting, to prepping the second car and being a spotter for the whole race. Our first car went out on about lap 7 with a trAnsmission problem. The second car finished the race, but was 3 laps down, finishing in 24 place. Just needed about 40k for a new motor, we were down on power.

Next year they plan to have 2 New cars and run a limited schedule, as money allows.

• Upvote 3

• 5 weeks later...

my daughter started smiling (like, intentionally, not just muscle twitches from her young developing noggin). every time i see it, my heart stops for just a half beat.  hopefully my swelling heart will make up for the arrhythmia.

• Upvote 4

Two awesome events in relatively short order:

Totally enjoyed the Epic Ride over the weekend - great riding and awesome people!

Then today I hear that my daughter landed her first career job.  The company initially lowballed her on salary and she was disappointed because she really wanted to work for this company.  She hates confrontation but stuck to her guns and asked for more - she thought she was going to puke the whole time.  Her prospective manager and director took it up to HR and VP and got it done.

Proud pappa here!

• Upvote 2

Two awesome events in relatively short order:

Totally enjoyed the Epic Ride over the weekend - great riding and awesome people!

Then today I hear that my daughter landed her first career job.  The company initially lowballed her on salary and she was disappointed because she really wanted to work for this company.  She hates confrontation but stuck to her guns and asked for more - she thought she was going to puke the whole time.  Her prospective manager and director took it up to HR and VP and got it done.

Proud pappa here!

Congrats!  I was in the same boat, where I had an offer for the company I work for now, and an offer from Harley for 5K more... I asked this place to match Harley's offer, but my story didn't end like your daughter's... They said "nope!"  LOL, I took the job anyway, though, and I'm happy here.  I didn't get to meet you over the weekend on the Epic ride, but I wanted to say I DID check out your bike in the parking lot, and it's beautiful... I'm a little jealous :)

• Upvote 1

my daughter started smiling (like, intentionally, not just muscle twitches from her young developing noggin). every time i see it, my heart stops for just a half beat.  hopefully my swelling heart will make up for the arrhythmia.

That's the whole beauty of the parent business right there.

my daughter started smiling (like, intentionally, not just muscle twitches from her young developing noggin). every time i see it, my heart stops for just a half beat. hopefully my swelling heart will make up for the arrhythmia.

That's awesome! Kids are great. Wouldn't trade them.