Your First Bike

Disclaimer

Hell yeah, put'em in their place big guy. ;)

All they got is a heavy a little over 120hp vrod.

Had a VROD pull up beside me the other day. Nice looking bike. He revved like he wanted to race. I just smiled at him. Too bad it was a street and not a track. In my opinion, the VROD isn't even a Harley. It's a rice rocket in disguise. Good try HD, good try. Now go away and play with the little ones.

LOL

Norwalk does the "Hot Norwalk Nights" on Wednesdays... that's when I normally get my track time. Until I get an air shifter and extended swingarm, it's tough to compete with the purpose built bikes. My only advantage is I'm pretty consistent with the clutch. I didn't say fastest on the clutch, but most consistent... which is why I've won a few bracket races in my day.

Had a VROD pull up beside me the other day. Nice looking bike. He revved like he wanted to race. I just smiled at him. Too bad it was a street and not a track. In my opinion, the VROD isn't even a Harley. It's a rice rocket in disguise. Good try HD, good try. Now go away and play with the little ones.

I like the VRODs, but I'll agree with you there. But, I'm more curious about what a cop does when you're not wearing the uni and you get challenged to a street race... you should put some hidden red and blues on the VMax, take the guy up through 1st gear and part of 2nd before you let off, then trip the lights after he flys by you trying to catch up. :lol:

Total dick move, but it's funny 'cause it's not me.

In my opinion, the VROD isn't even a Harley. It's a rice rocket in disguise. Good try HD, good try. Now go away and play with the little ones.

LOL

Um dude, the Vmax is a Yamaha which would make it a um "rice rocket" too.

I'm more curious about what a cop does when you're not wearing the uni and you get challenged to a street race... you should put some hidden red and blues on the VMax, take the guy up through 1st gear and part of 2nd before you let off, then trip the lights after he flys by you trying to catch up. :lol:

Now that would be hilarious.

First bike: Age 22

2001 Yamaha R6. Owned it for a year and sold it to a kid from the Akron/Kent area. Maybe he is a member here, who knows. Always wondered what happened to that bike.

l_e43f2ab19197e5649e0ac363713ab3fd.jpg

Second bike: Age 23

2006 Yamaha R6. Still own it and am loving every minute of it. Have had thoughts of going to a liter bike but will be waiting on that one. Still hard to fathom that I only have 2 seasons of riding under my belt. Feels like longer.

l_96fafc5a3e662a1e2fc9afe3f4c20fad.jpg

Norwalk does the "Hot Norwalk Nights" on Wednesdays... that's when I normally get my track time. Until I get an air shifter and extended swingarm, it's tough to compete with the purpose built bikes. My only advantage is I'm pretty consistent with the clutch. I didn't say fastest on the clutch, but most consistent... which is why I've won a few bracket races in my day.

I like the VRODs, but I'll agree with you there. But, I'm more curious about what a cop does when you're not wearing the uni and you get challenged to a street race... you should put some hidden red and blues on the VMax, take the guy up through 1st gear and part of 2nd before you let off, then trip the lights after he flys by you trying to catch up. :lol:

I like the way you think. I had actually considered adding a few touches such as a siren box and a few hidden lights. It'd be "interesting" trying to find places to fit everything, but damn, that would be fricken funny.

I was thinking I could add leds to the "air scoops" to hide them.

No "entrapment" there......LOL

Um dude, the Vmax is a Yamaha which would make it a um "rice rocket" too.

I know, that's why the signature picture is "Pork Fried Rice" I like rice. Rice is good. What I was getting at is Harley likes to think they're all American Made. And they look down on us Rice Runners. The VROD is rice too, they just won't admit it.

Hmmmmm, I guess our bikes would be "second" rice instead of "minute" rice.

Hi everyone i'm new here. My first bike was a 99' Yamaha YZF600R.

Picture002.jpg

4bb94bee.jpg

And in March 2006 I bought my first brand new bike, a 2005 GSXR 600.

DSCF0797.jpg

DSCF0799.jpg

I just moved to this area in September 2007 for a position with BMW Financial Services. My wife and I currently reside in Dublin. I look forward to going on some group rides, as I hope to get as much saddle time as possible this year.

Andrew

I rode all kinds of dirtbikes all throughout my sub-16 years and stopped when I got my driver's license...

2005 - purchased '01 CBR f4i (black)

2007 - purchased '03 CBR 600RR (black)

2008 - purchased "03 CBR 600RR (soon to be black)

Ballin' out of control for a college student.:cool: You work?

Showin' some age here, but:

- first street bike was an 87 Hurricane. Bought in 1989 used.

-1986 FZ600. Bought in 1989 used.

-1990 FZR600. First newly purchased bike in 1990.

-1992 F2 - first race bike. Bought used in 1993

-1995 F3 - race New

-1997 F3 - race New

-1998 ZX6R - race New

- (2)1999 ZX6Rs - race New

- (2) 2000 ZX6Rs - race New

- (2) 2001 ZX6Rs - race New

- 2001 GSXR750 - race Salvaged

- 2003 GSXR750 - race Salvaged

-(current) retired GSXR750 - race and track days salvage

Hopefully, a 2007 GSXR coming soon for track beatings...

From what I've read the Busa has far greater handling in turns than Mr. Max, but the Dyno's that I've seen show the Max has a higher top end....hence more power on the straight track.

Are you saying it has a higher top speed or higher power curve? Either way I don't think this is true.

Edited by Casper
fixed quote

From what I've read the Busa has far greater handling in turns than Mr. Max, but the Dyno's that I've seen show the Max has a higher top end....hence more power on the straight track.

Are you saying it has a higher top speed or higher power curve? Either way I don't think this is true.

+1 What exactly are you saying?

Top end on a dyno translates to what on the street? Nothing!!

Edited by Casper
fixed quote

But, I'm more curious about what a cop does when you're not wearing the uni and you get challenged to a street race... you should put some hidden red and blues on the VMax, take the guy up through 1st gear and part of 2nd before you let off, then trip the lights after he flys by you trying to catch up. :lol:

That would not be funny. :nono:

First bike I ever rode was a PW80 at 8 years old.

I then thought I was a badass so I rode my friends CR125. They had to catch me when I wanted to get off. Ha Ive always been a short little fucker.

Parents then bought me a yz80. Had a blast on that thing. Got hurt, mommy said bye bye.

Continued to ride friends bikes untill I was 17. I then bought a kanatuna cuz I wanted a street bike and my buddy was selling his stupid cheap. Rode that for a season and lost my license for 3 years... Good stuff.

Back to riding friend's bikes without a license for the next three years.

Found a good deal on a Ducati 748 and bought it 2 years ago. I just recently bought a Ducati 900 Super Sport to race. Its punched to 944 and is currently in pieces at Ducati of Indianapolis gettting the shit built out of it! Should be a fun bike when its finished. Its always going to be ugly tho. haha

It is all in fun... but shit, for $100, you guys are too rich for my blood. I got grad school bills to pay.

I would like to see how my 'busa would stack up against your ZX-14... stock vs. stock, just for shits and giggles. I think with your added horsepower, but my lighter weight (physically)...they'd match up pretty even.

It always for fun, but race gas is expensive.