Your First Bike

Disclaimer

There is some excellent drunken video out there somewhere of that Odyessey flipping and running over people. :D

Good times.

them was good times. I was looking for that video. I think u have a copy.

:flingpoo: We should go back to college. Fuck working

Just stoopid i guess.

Even an air care flight didn't phase me.. I was like Ooh finally get a ride in a Chopper.

Did you get to enjoy the scenery or were you bleeding too badly?

Just stoopid i guess.

Even an air care flight didn't phase me.. I was like Ooh finally get a ride in a Chopper.

hahaha. i flipped a car once and three months later, aka 5 days after i got my license back from my suspension, i got pulled over and ticketed for a 68 in a 35, another 3 month suspension some people just dont ever learn. i havent had a ticket in five years though, how i dont know. i have wiggled my way out of two good ones since.

i couldnt ever do that to my bike though i enjoy her all to much. i have slowly been learning on how to push her in and out of the corners and drop a knee here and there. but im not gunna push it that much until i become super confident in my ridding skils. i dont think i could ever drop her and walk away sayign oh well.

now to the point of this thread. my first bike....

my lovely 06 600rr. i am in love and its going to always be that way, i dont think i will ever get rid of her. now i am saving up for a 1000rr i have thought about replacing the 600 for the 1000 but 1. the 600 still has enough power for me. i just want the 1000rr for the cosmetics. and 2. i could never replace the 600rr.

Well, First ride on a powered bike was a kawi or a yamaha 80 dirt bike... Stalled it the first time and the second time went straight through the gears to the limit and was hooked. Yea it was only 55 or so but i got a taste.

First bike that I bought was a 75 cb550 that was trashed and beaten and was the only honda i had seen leaking oil but it was fun and then too slow within 3 minutes. That bike is stripped to the frame and is being welded and soon will be going back together as a bare bones street legal cafe bike.

Second bike is the 93 VT1100 that some of you have seen and is my avatar.

0 to 80 its a blast in a straight line and thats good enough for me right now but if anybody wants to trade a Ducati for it let me know...yea that means you yota!!! :D

Bike of choice would be a streetfighter and turbocharged cbr 600rr, but I would poke an eye out and that would be bad. :rolleyes:

Did you get to enjoy the scenery or were you bleeding too badly?

Wasn't bleeding (don't think even internally luckily) but all I could see was the dang roof.

I remeber saying to meyself looking at the roof "First ride and I can't even see out the window :mad:"

Though I was shocked how fast we got to the Hospital... 5 minutes for a 35 minute drive..

I remember all the nurses in the ER acting stunned.

When they got the call a Motorcycle accident was coming in they started getting towels, sheets ready.... When I showed up still dressed in my Ballistic Mesh jacket and dress slacks they were thanking me up one side and down the other for having gear.

hahaha. i flipped a car once and three months later, aka 5 days after i got my license back from my suspension, i got pulled over and ticketed for a 68 in a 35, another 3 month suspension some people just dont ever learn. i havent had a ticket in five years though, how i dont know. i have wiggled my way out of two good ones since.

i couldnt ever do that to my bike though i enjoy her all to much. i have slowly been learning on how to push her in and out of the corners and drop a knee here and there. but im not gunna push it that much until i become super confident in my ridding skils. i dont think i could ever drop her and walk away sayign oh well.

now to the point of this thread. my first bike....

my lovely 06 600rr. i am in love and its going to always be that way, i dont think i will ever get rid of her. now i am saving up for a 1000rr i have thought about replacing the 600 for the 1000 but 1. the 600 still has enough power for me. i just want the 1000rr for the cosmetics. and 2. i could never replace the 600rr.

The only 3 crashes I have been remotely hurt on was 2nd day on my first bike (clipped brake light of a ranger parked on the street trying to make a U-Turn after seeing the neighborhood road wasn't finished) Hit my outside knee on the engine so hard I jarred the knee cap loose (never went to the hospital)

2nd and 3rd are same crash situation.

Left lane of traffice backs up, me in the right lane has clear shot, so as I continue someone coming other direction makes left turn through backed up traffic without creeping out to look. T-bone time.. First one I hit a mini van and the bike never pivoted so i ramed my hip into the tank then continued over just landing on the other side of the car. 3rd was a Malibu I think and bike pivoted and I was launched about 30-40 ft from impact, and lost conciousness on this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Cool idea for a thread Justin!! thumb.gif That Monza with your Buell looks kick azz!!

I see several Yamaha Seca's & Maxims on here as first timers. Mine was an '82 Yamaha Vision 550. Bought it from a former co-worker for $500. Water cooled, shaft drive, monoshock, monochromatic fender, V-twin for that nice rumble....She was definitely ahead of her time. Yamaha only sold her here for 2 years. Put a lot of work/electrical parts into her. Sold her in '05 for $750.....not running again (though she just had been a month earlier).

Only got to put about 2,000 miles on her over that time 'cause there was almost always something wrong with 'er....beginning about 3 weeks after I bought her. I was wrenchin' on her more than ridin' her, and that got aggravating VERY quickly....That's why I bought a Honda this time! :) I've put 5x that mileage on the 'Bird in the same timeframe. Left a bad taste in my mouth for Yami's

Here's a pic of Grandpa on the outgoing, & me on the new girl :cool: ..........

l_680bb70598829632162bb8149e46be14.jpg

my first was a honda 50 in '79 or '80.

second was an 1975 xl 70. The street looking one not the moped one. that bike was fun except the headlights only worked once in a while.

third was a 87 cr80 bored to 105.

fourth was a kx 125

the rest are in no particular order.

2 91 honda 600 f2

01 yz125

300ex

and curently 97 gsxr750

02 ttr125

01 or 2 xr 50

there are prolly more but my brain FAILS

• 11 months later...

thread revival monday...

first bike... 5hp tecumseh minibike, huge mud tires, got the beast when I was 7. wasn't tall enough to reach the pegs, let alone the ground.

I put a cement block in the yard, and learned how to stop with the peg directly above the block...LOL

dc2b2ed0.jpg

2nd bike, 1980 kawasaki 550 ltd, traded the mud dog to dad for the kawi, no title, but I was 12, and didn't care.

charles_ltd_39.jpg

third/fourth bikes late 70's cb750's first one at 17, second one at 19, the fourth had no fairing...third was inherited from dad, and wrecked, then rebuilt, but never was the same. the fourth has a crap charging system and doesn't run too great..

78Honda750K.jpg

those are my learners...

(note: these are approximate representatives, not pictures of the actual bikes, same year/model, but not the specific ones that I owned)

Edited by magley64

I got my first bike 2 weeks ago, 04 Ninja 250. Having fun learning with it already! I have work to do on it, It has no front fairings, turn signals are bolted to the headlight, gonna replace them, paint them, then over the winter, paint everything, just not sure on color yet!

edit" I'l add pics *if* I ever get around to taking some!

I know, that's why the signature picture is "Pork Fried Rice" I like rice. Rice is good. What I was getting at is Harley likes to think they're all American Made. And they look down on us Rice Runners. The VROD is rice too, they just won't admit it.

They won't admit it because it was co-designed w/Porsche (Italy) Personally, I would rather have a slower bike that can actually corner decently and still hit 130+, and can actually stop you before you wreck!,than a bike that can't corner worth a damn or stop..

Uhm, the VROD isn't really a Harley... it was designed and engineered by Porsche. FYI. That's why its water-cooled. Harley wanted air-cooled, Porsche said no fucking way.

Real reason it's water cooled is because Willie G was trying to stay ahead of the EPA. At the time the Revolution engine was being developed, it was believed that the EPA was planning a ban on air cooled engines over 250cc by the year 2010. That's why Willie G turned to Porsche (again) to help w/development of the VROD. Make no mistake, I am NOT a Harley guy, I just happen to have a VROD

'79 Kawasaki KZ750LTD. I bought it for $200.00. Engine and rear wheel on frame, the rest was in a box. Had the carburetor professionally cleaned and put the rest together myself with the help of the Rice Paddy & JC Whitney.

Here it is, with me and my then two year old daughter.

Summer1995-1.jpg