Your First Bike

Disclaimer

Who did you let ride it? Or did you run it on stands? Cause its hard to put 13000 miles on a bike that gets ridden 2 times a year.:thefinger:

I've only put a few hundred miles on it. She's put the rest. She rides a lot, just not to QSL bike nights.

My first bike is my 97 Honda F3 that I ride now. Been riding one year and so far havent dropped it. I would consider it possibly a starter bike.....probably not cuz it still has some balls haha.

Second bike might be a Triumph Daytona 675......

Let's see....first bike was an '85 Suzuki GS450L. The first thing I did was change the bars to something a little straighter than the ape swingers that were on it. I then followed that up with the following: '88 Honda 650GT Hawk, '85 Honda VFR1000, '93 Kawasaki ZX-7 (I wish I still had), '98 Kawasaki ZX-9, '01 Suzuki GSXR1000, and the current pile an '07 Suzuki GSXR1000.

Friday Night street fights at the trails nearly every friday. http://www.nationaltrailraceway.com/apcm/templates/schedule.asp?articleid=17791&zoneid=45&navsource=Track%20Schedule

BUT, don't race a Busa or 14 or any late model liter bike with the Vmax. You'll wonder where they went. The Vmax is fast, but those things have 20 years of tech on it. When the new one comes out, then we can talk shit, hopefully.

+1...from what I've read Vmax's run about mid 10s in the 1/4 mile and this is about on par with the 07-08 CBR600rr.

I have had a few bikes, I started out on a earlys 70's green Honda 60, then got a 80's Kawi 100 from my cousin and rode that all over the West Virgina hills where I lived. I then went with out a bike for awhile and the got a 79 Yamaha XS750SF special that I still have.

I also had a 82 yamaha 650 Maxim that I only rode a little bit.

My main ride is a 84 Honda V65 Magna nice little V4 1100cc.

It goes like hell in a straight line but can rail in the twisties if you know how to ride her.

I take her don't to South East Oh and can leave it in the 3-4 gears and scrape pegs all day!

Yamaha made the Vmax back in the day to try to compete with the Big Magna:)

Had a VROD pull up beside me the other day. Nice looking bike. He revved like he wanted to race. I just smiled at him. Too bad it was a street and not a track. In my opinion, the VROD isn't even a Harley. It's a rice rocket in disguise. Good try HD, good try. Now go away and play with the little ones.

LOL

Uhm, the VROD isn't really a Harley... it was designed and engineered by Porsche. FYI. That's why its water-cooled. Harley wanted air-cooled, Porsche said no fucking way.

First bike: Age 22

2001 Yamaha R6. Owned it for a year and sold it to a kid from the Akron/Kent area. Maybe he is a member here, who knows. Always wondered what happened to that bike.

l_e43f2ab19197e5649e0ac363713ab3fd.jpg

Second bike: Age 23

2006 Yamaha R6. Still own it and am loving every minute of it. Have had thoughts of going to a liter bike but will be waiting on that one. Still hard to fathom that I only have 2 seasons of riding under my belt. Feels like longer.

l_96fafc5a3e662a1e2fc9afe3f4c20fad.jpg

I like that yellow R6

rode all sorts of off road toys, 2,3 & 4 wheels.

first street bike was an 89gs500 great first bike super easy to work on(no fairings).

second bike 98gsxr600 love it, still have it

third and my current spring full restore project 83shadowvt750c about 90%done!! looking sweet!!

my thoughts on first bikes, just dont be stupid and make sure you wanna ride. my first bike i paid $450 for it. so i figured if i really didnt want to ride on the road at least i wouldnt loose money.

after i got it up and running, carbs cleaned, new tires, battery, fixed leak in gas tank and other misc. all for about ~$400 i rode it half of last season sold it for $850 and bought the 600 rode that for the rest of the season and bought the 750 this winter.

i would have been very sad if i started with the 600. i dropped the 500 3times never while moving, always while standing still. twice at a stop sign in loose gravel and once at a stop sign in a bit of a dip, foot never touched the ground until it was too late... being short owns me... i'll be lowering the 600 this year to avoid costly drops. or i may sell it once the 750s done, we'll see though.

Then i had these Jewels. I don't think any of the 3 wheelers had brakes. The 110 had a broken frame, i welded it but my skills was shady back then, and if the air in the back tires wasn't exactly the same it pulled in one direction the entire time. ran off the road a lot. I remember bouncing off a fence with it. You could stick it low and pull a car with it though. they never died. The Elsinore wooped my ass. The power band was wicked, it didn't have brakes either. The Odyessey was a kidney killer and liked to flip over but it had brakes.

Then i had these Jewels. I don't think any of the 3 wheelers had brakes. The 110 had a broken frame, i welded it but my skills was shady back then, and if the air in the back tires wasn't exactly the same it pulled in one direction the entire time. ran off the road a lot. I remember bouncing off a fence with it. You could stick it low and pull a car with it though. they never died. The Elsinore wooped my ass. The power band was wicked, it didn't have brakes either. The Odyessey was a kidney killer and liked to flip over but it had brakes.

There is some excellent drunken video out there somewhere of that Odyessey flipping and running over people. :D

Good times.

First bike was a 93 Yamaha Seca II 600 red. Rode it 2k miles wrecked twice, once 2nd day I had it, and 2nd time was clutch stuck a bit and (using a lot revs to keep from stalling) flipped it.

After 2k miles moved up to a 97 TL-1000S Had that for a year then got my favorite bike ever

98 CBR 900rr Black w/ red tiger stripe.

Then moved on to CBR 929 then to the GSXR 1000s.

First bike was a 93 Yamaha Seca II 600 red. Rode it 2k miles wrecked twice, once 2nd day I had it, and 2nd time was clutch stuck a bit and (using a lot revs to keep from stalling) flipped it.

After 2k miles moved up to a 97 TL-1000S Had that for a year then got my favorite bike ever

98 CBR 900rr Black w/ red tiger stripe.

Then moved on to CBR 929 then to the GSXR 1000s.

how many gix 1k have you owned?

Almost wasn't meant to be. I would've took that as a sign...lol.