SoreButtapalooza Trip/Progress Reports

Tonik

You boys are making good time. My IronButt started at 4:00am and ended around 11:00pm. You're either right with my time, or you're ahead of it. Nice work!! :)

We finished in 18 hours and six minutes. We were machines at stops. Gas, pee...slam a candy bar and put fresh water in the cup holder and roll.

I had to put my GPS into the tank bag twice because of rain, so there were two small periods of time not recorded on it. It shows a moving average of 72mph. However, it only accounts for 1054 of the total miles. My odometer shows 1101 miles. 1101 miles divided by 18.1 hrs. is a total average speed of 60.83 mph which includes all stops. Other than construction zones or refueling stops, we were never in the 60s in Iowa, Minnesota, or South Dakota.

I reset my trip log at my first gas stop  by my house 1111 miles total for me. Total moving time 15:36 hours Total hours 20.27 hours Moving avg. 71.4 mph   stopped time was 4.46 hours overall avg 55 mph I will pass on posting Max speed but across the plains we were moving. and I think I broke my ass 

do any of you have throttle locks or those little wrist buddy things?

after 1 day of commuting 40 miles, my right hand was numb...  Pretty sure 1000 miles would have been quite painful.  How many stops for gas?