SoreButtapalooza Trip/Progress Reports

Tonik

I would like to spend a little more time in the Keystone area next time.

Yea, hit Keystone, Deadwood...we drove through both but didn't take/have time to stop and see stuff. I wanted to stay in Deadwood instead of Sturgis, but Deadwood was booked up solid.

I saw this at the Wheels Through Time Museum. It was on a HD that came in 3rd place in the Iron Butt Rally. It seems fitting to post it here, because some of us didn't pay close enough attention to our final receipt.

post-16813-0-55089900-1404736463_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

hard to believe but its been 27 days since the start of the ride

For some reason I can not do quotes or up load pictures from photobucket the last few days.

Edited by HeavyDuty

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap I'm such a slug. With work and family stuff that got put on the back burner. Same with pics. Although they are pretty much the same as everyone else's since we were at the same place at the same time. Thanks guys for being part of a part of a bucket list ride of mine. Jim thanks again for all you put into the trip. Epic and awesome doesn't come close to describing. The the only thing that could have made it better is more time to enjoy what is. Such as life. Sometimes more is better. Sometimes it is enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bun burner doesn't excite me. We darn near did that first two days without trying. Gold scares me. That is 62 mph for 24 hours with zero stops.

I would think something like this is pretty dangerous, and would require a large tank on a small bike...  You'd need to minimize stops and maximize speed.  As you point out, it's nearly impossible to do legally.

i'd attempt it if I could get some kind of sponsorship, or to raise money for a charity or something, but I think you would legitimately have to ride back and forth across a plains state (or two, or three) with carefully scheduled stops just as the tank was nearing empty.     It certainly wouldn't be enjoyable.

I would think something like this is pretty dangerous, and would require a large tank on a small bike...  You'd need to minimize stops and maximize speed.  As you point out, it's nearly impossible to do legally.

i'd attempt it if I could get some kind of sponsorship, or to raise money for a charity or something, but I think you would legitimately have to ride back and forth across a plains state (or two, or three) with carefully scheduled stops just as the tank was nearing empty.     It certainly wouldn't be enjoyable.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/608/3739/motorcycle-article/yamaha-fjr-sets-continent-crossing-record.aspx

Just checked the Iron butt message board Tonik and Connie got lucky there are people that have been waiting 2 years for their certs to bad there is no way to check if Iron Butt even got the form. I will wait another month and void the check if I have not heard anything by then.

• 2 weeks later...