unOFFICIAL FALL Epic Ride - Saturday September 27

DerekClouser

So looks like if I'm doing this there is a high probability it'll be in the slow group and 2 up

Does the wife ride?  (know how, I mean, not two up, or your cock, or mine, or any other smart response!)  If she  knows how, I have an extra bike if she needs to borrow one :)

No she doesn't know how and thankfully has zero desire to. She's not the best driver of a car, the last thing I want her piloting is a motorcycle :lol:

That's how I feel about my wife, too, although I can't say that to her face, of course.  But I'd be suuuuper worried if she were riding.  

If I haven't known him since I was 3 years old I would skip it due to late notice. But he's a good friend and we all grew up together so it's hard to skip out. Especially when he made it to mine in June

If I haven't known him since I was 3 years old I would skip it due to late notice. But he's a good friend and we all grew up together so it's hard to skip out. Especially when he made it to mine in June

Yeah, but what gift did he get you?

I'm likely out. One of my asshole friends decided to get engaged last month and have the wedding on the 27th now

Dude!  

In my experience an impromptu engagement followed by a right-the-heck-now wedding usually had a shotgun involved.

Check the back on the invitation envelope to see your friend wrote any desperate pleas for your assistance and/or a getaway vehicle. 

Chris

I know it's a poor day when organizing a simple ride for many to enjoy riding a motorcycle, but it has come to my attention that I would want to put this disclaimer just to avoid any sort of liability.  I'm positive everyone understands they are responsible for themselves, but to protect myself here it is.  I'm sure everyone will understand. I was told I wasn't liable in case of an accident, but to be safe to add it anyway. Therefore, I've added the following disclaimer to the first post.  

Disclaimer: The following words "Ohio Epic Ride" refers to this specific ride. 

By attending the "Ohio Epic Ride", you agree to the following;

You acknowledge that you understand that motorcycle riding and touring is hazardous and may result in serious injury or death. You understand that this activity in which you are voluntarily participating has inherent risks (including death, loss of limb and permanent disability, and damage to or loss of property) that you assume. You certify that you are duly licensed and competent to operate a motorcycle in a safe manner, and the vehicle you will be operating during the ride is in safe and legal operating condition. You are solely responsible to determine the speed and operational characteristics of your motorcycle and your ability as a motorcycle operator while participating in the ride. You hereby agree to expressly and voluntarily accept and assume all risks involved in operating a motorcycle or participating as a motorcycle passenger while participating in the ride. You hereby covenant, as a motorcycle operator or motorcycle passenger, not to sue Ohio Epic Ride, their organizers, agents, employees, officers, directors, managers and representatives for any and all loss or damage including property damage or loss, personal injury, permanent disability and/or death, arising out of your participation in this activity (including but not limited to riding, touring, transportation to and from the activity, and at all lodging and stops). "Ohio Epic Ride" makes no warranty regarding conditions, safety of roadways, weather, lodging or stops, and the rider to assume all risk that the conditions, safety of roadways, weather, lodging or stops are other than what is expected. You understand and agree that "Ohio Epic Ride" is acting as my agent only to provide guidance as to routes, and I hereby release and hold harmless "Ohio Epic Ride", its organizers, agents, assigns and heirs against any and all claims, causes of action, or any other liability of any kind arising from my operation of a motorcycle, or as a motorcycle passenger during my activity of motorcycle riding.

Edited by DerekClouser

I will be there in either medium or medium fast group (which ever is smaller).

I have noticed that there is nothing in your disclaimer that covers hangovers. So say that I have a few too many beers the night before. Can I hold you liable for my hangover? I don't think that personal responsibility has any place in today's society.

Tracy, if you're from up north, too, maybe we can ride down together.  As for skipping the ride, I wouldn't mind doing at least some of it with the group, but I AM in favor of a longer lunch hour & more relaxing :)  

yeah, yeah, social rider & all that :)