Pirelli Angel GT tires?

Casper

I put a set on my FZ1.  Easy to mount and didn't require much weight to balance, so high quality carcass.

Rode 'em for several thousand miles--around town and on a week-long tour to NC where there was much 'hooning'….

They stuck very well and had good turn-in feel.  Good wet weather manners as well.  Note that I did switch from the OE 190/50 to a 190/55 and it helped a lot.

Also mounted a set on a friend's FZ and he loves them too.  He's getting about 6-7K miles use of pretty hard street riding (no track).

He's on his second pair and plans on buying again when this set is shot.

Bottom line--you can get longer lasting, you can get stickier, you can get cheaper, but these do it all pretty well for a reasonable price.

Edited by Bubba

I have a set on my BMW, and they are a great tire. I have about 7000 miles on my front and still have good tread. Don't know about the rear. Darn nail forced an early replacement. They stick really good and it takes a good bit to slide one on my 700 lb bike.

How do they compare to the Pilot Road 4's? 

With respect to….?

I agree with Dustin's assessment about the Pirellis vs the Mich PR3s.  Never ridden the 4s.  I think the Pirellis are a bit less expensive than the 4s.

IMO, GTs are a little better in the dry.   PRs are a little better in the wet.

I have GTs on the CBR and VFR1200 right now.  I've been through 3 or 4 sets of PR2 & 3 

They are very close and both very good.

Get some.

Edited by Tpoppa

Getting 6-8K on the rears and the front i took off Pokey and i figured it had 10-12k on it but it was a ST. Current GT front has about 6k and it has some cupping going on, I'm thinking its due to the many freeway miles from the IronButt ride, but i think ill still get a few more out of it. In the wet i have noticed they are by far the best at displacing the water in a strait line than any tire ive ever run, but cornering in the wet ive felt some slippage(usually the rear on hard accel). In the dry they are more tire than ill ever need, never a slip or falter. I'll keep running them until something else catches my eye. Best place for pricing of them is usually jakewilson.com 

Edited by 2talltim

I know its comparing apples to oranges but has anybody ran Q3's and angel gt's on the same bike? How do they compare performance-wise? How does turn in compare? Similar tire shape? My two favorite things about the q3 are the solid feel, no squirming no play, and the tall profile. Obviously the Pirelli will last longer and the q3 is going to be stickier. It is after all a sport/track tire. I've been running the dunlops all season and I love them. I'm just getting tired of replacing my rear tire every month and the angel gt is definitely on my check out list. 

Sorry for the thread jack. This is semi relevant though I suppose :p

^^^

GTs are round profile (very similar to the Mich PR series).  The turn in won't be as fast as steeper SS tires. 

That took a little getting used to.  Now I prefer it.  I think the round profile is superior for the street.

• 3 weeks later...