hug your dog today.

Gixxus Christ!

I think he's starting to lose the fight. Past few days have been up and down, today was mostly down. He didn't have any appetite most of the day. We have him on pain meds and he seems pretty comfortable. Still ready to go if I ask him if he wants to go walk but I don't think he has 2 weeks left in him.

We did get him for longer than we expected and for that we are very grateful. He got to experience one last snowfall and we managed to still have our dog when we got married.

I have some hard days ahead of me. The wife is much less optimistic than I, she thought for sure it was over when he wouldn't eat today. Trying to be strong for the both of us.

Sorry man, at least hes in a less painful place.  Can't say better because I am sure you made the last days the best he could have, but know you did everything you could for him and it meant a lot to him.

I don't even like to think about the day it happens to mine.  Thinking of you and the pup.

Sorry man, at least hes in a less painful place.  Can't say better because I am sure you made the last days the best he could have, but know you did everything you could for him and it meant a lot to him.

Thinking of you and the pup.

This really says it best.

Sorry for your loss man, hang in there!

Damn Sam, sorry to hear this day had to finally come. Godspeed brave Tyton. Our loving pets, like children, should never have to leave our lives prematurely.

A teary eyed tip of my glass to ya both, here's to meeting again in the next life.

Sorry for your loss. Some of my hardest moments were the last moments spent with my two dogs. I think no matter the circumstance, you'll always feel a terrible guilt about what you could have, would have, should have done to make their lives better. Our beloved pets die, and hopefully with us by their side to ensure they've lived as comfortable life as we could give them. Hope you find your peace soon. 

I have no regrets. We did everything we could to make his last few months extra special and we didn't let him suffer needlessly when the time came. It was a hard thing to do but the right thing is almost never easy. I'll miss him every day but I know his pain has ended.

Sorry for your loss... I had to put my dog, Sadie, to sleep the day after Thanksgiving :(  She was with me for ten years.  I still tear up when I realize I'll never get to kiss the top of her head again while she nuzzles me, and I'll never get to smell her again :(

My wife and I adopted another Doberman a couple of years ago, and we still have her... But she smells different, and her mannerisms just aren't the same.  

Sorry about your sadie. Yeah there are a lot of things I'll miss. My wife just texted me that she misses the puddle of water he'd leave every time he drank because his jowls would fill up and then drain and drip all over the place. It's little things like that.

Sorry about your sadie. Yeah there are a lot of things I'll miss. My wife just texted me that she misses the puddle of water he'd leave every time he drank because his jowls would fill up and then drain and drip all over the place. It's little things like that.

I almost fell on my ass last time I stopped by from this. Tyton will surely be missed. Leah asked me last night if she could come up and play with him, so I had to let her know. She's going to draw another picture for you.