2015 Epic Ride Spring Organization & Inputs

DerekClouser

2015 Spring Epic Ride Date Selection  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What date would be best for the 2015 Spring Epic Ride?

2. 2. Meeting Spot

• Hocking Hills - Keeping similar to previous years
    • Zanesville - Different route - more central meet spot - something different from years past.

Averages highs and lows for all those dates:

May 16th 49°F / 72°F

May 23rd 51°F / 74°F

May 30th 53°F / 76°F

June 20th 59°F / 82°F

If it's in the 40's again, well.......no promises. :shiver:

It was only cold in the morning, the day turned out quite nice in the end. The fog I can definitely do without.

• Upvote 1

I thought the fog added a nice touch & made it a memorable ride.

I had a stomach ache for at least 1/2 the ride down, so it could had been more enjoyable lol. Still a great day overall for sure. I just need to remember to put my sweatshirt back on for the ride back. That was chilly.

Counting down the days until nice weather again.

The fog last spring was somewhat scary paired with being on an unfamiliar road, a foggy visor, chilly hands, etc... it was nerve-racking. I did enjoy the day but it was brutally long for me last spring and I didn't even join in the group ride... I chalk it up as I just don't live in a convenient location and may participate in the future but it would be nice to do something slightly closer to home. Just my 2 cents.

The fog last spring was somewhat scary paired with being on an unfamiliar road, a foggy visor, chilly hands, etc... it was nerve-racking. I did enjoy the day but it was brutally long for me last spring and I didn't even join in the group ride... I chalk it up as I just don't live in a convenient location and may participate in the future but it would be nice to do something slightly closer to home. Just my 2 cents.

Yea, definitely needed to be geared for the beginning.  Fortunately for you, it looks like the ride is going to meet in Zanesville this year (if the poll continues on it's current path) so that'll be a much easier ride there for you.   

And in Ohio, I don't look at weather historical averages, nothing is average about Ohio weather.  When it's May 14, maybe I'll take the temps to be a bit more accurate, sure as hell not looking at anything in February hah. 

You were fine. I dressed the same as you. My jeans dried by the time we got to the meet point in BFE. Jmo. Would it be safer with over pants or later pants... Sure. But I had thermals and probably just as warm as those not electrified by heated gear.