My wife is better than your wife

chevysoldier

with all the time him and I spent on the phone today... I'm surprised he let you get out....

She had homework to do, so I made lunch and dinner for her since I dozed off early yesterday after work. I'm nice to her once in a while :D

• Upvote 2

I didn't get my husband anything. I can't stand Valentine's Day, almost, but not quite as much, as Sweetest Day. I just can't handle the Hallmark BS of it all. Plus, there's nothing better than "just because" flowers, date night, ect on any day other than the two above.

He did, however, celebrate it by cooking me an amazing steak dinner and brought me a cupcake (I'd get angry if he purchased 400% marked up cliche roses that'll die in two days). 

In turn, I'll play along and celebrate 3/14 for him. 

• Upvote 1

I bought a dozen roses for my wife for $20, which is what they cost year round give or take They usually live 2 weeks.

That appears to be a more reasonable price than I've seen. I walked past a display on vday at kroger, which had vases, each one containing two roses and a stem of gypsophila, for $24.99. They were certainly pretty, but way overpriced. You can buy quality rose bushes that'll last a lifetime for $20. I'm frugal, and love to grow my own flowers, so it doesn't make sense for me. 

None of the above matters if you feel good about your purchase and you made your wife smile. Good for you...

I didn't get my husband anything. I can't stand Valentine's Day, almost, but not quite as much, as Sweetest Day. I just can't handle the Hallmark BS of it all. Plus, there's nothing better than "just because" flowers, date night, ect on any day other than the two above.

He did, however, celebrate it by cooking me an amazing steak dinner and brought me a cupcake (I'd get angry if he purchased 400% marked up cliche roses that'll die in two days). 

In turn, I'll play along and celebrate 3/14 for him. 

couldn't agree more.  I hate the idea of people doing nice things because its expected of them because it is a particular day of the year.

So you don't participate in birthdays or xmas either?

not really.

There are a few exceptions, but generally speaking not in the 'traditional' way.  I don't make howard buy me gifts and get upset if I don't have flowers and/or presents waiting for me. 

Edited by OsuMj

couldn't agree more. I hate the idea of people doing nice things because its expected of them because it is a particular day of the year.

So you don't participate in birthdays or xmas either?

She's a Hallmark Jehovie.

Got my wife a candy bar. Bitches love candy bars.

Edited by max power