New to me 2007 Honda VFR800 Interceptor

Gump

Finally found it after months of searching. Bone stock with OEM saddle bags, minus the Pirelli Diablo tires. 7500 miles. Can't wait to ride it. Not sure I really want to mod anything. Worthwhile sliders require drilling thru the fairings and I really don't want to.

post-9795-0-54236300-1425692404_thumb.jp

post-9795-0-53690400-1425692472_thumb.jp

post-9795-0-65903400-1425692474_thumb.jp

Edited by Gump
  • Upvote 2

Don't get sliders. They suck on the VFR by popular opinion

If the stator, R/R and one other electrical item which is escaping me are original, I would either pre emptively replace them or have the parts on hand

I believe the site is wiremybike that has a ton of VFR specific wiring upgrades and modifications that are well, well worth it

Thanks all!

Bad,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to contact the original owner. I can't remember if he said he did any of that or not. Seems like the partial harness and R/R is the common replacement. Along with owners installing a voltage gauge.

Thanks all!

Bad,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to contact the original owner. I can't remember if he said he did any of that or not. Seems like the partial harness and R/R is the common replacement. Along with owners installing a voltage gauge.

You're welcome. If you have any questions at all just let me know. I know the 6th gens forward and backwards by now

Thanks. I'll check the wires when I change the oil and see what's going on. Apparently there's a green wire thru the blue connector that's a week spot and if the green wire comes out on both sides of the connector it's the original and if only one side, It's been modded. I guess you just make a jumper wire green to green to bypass the week point.

The 599's on cycle trader and currently sleeping with the Vfr.

Beautiful!  VFRs are awesome.  As for the sliders, I recommend them (R&G in particular.)  I had a silver one so they didn't hurt the look at all.  Remember that the viffer has side mounted radiators - so if you drop it hard, you may be in for a radiator repair along with the usual paint and plastic.  Just my $.02.

The oem bags are also great.  Enjoy it!!

Thanks all!

Bad,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to contact the original owner. I can't remember if he said he did any of that or not. Seems like the partial harness and R/R is the common replacement. Along with owners installing a voltage gauge.

Nice viffer gump. I'm with Bad, check out the charging system, especially the stator to R/R connector. They tend to burn. - I'm a bit of a VFR charging system guru if you have any questions.  The on-board voltmeter is a good idea. 

Edited by mello dude

Beautiful! VFRs are awesome. As for the sliders, I recommend them (R&G in particular.) I had a silver one so they didn't hurt the look at all. Remember that the viffer has side mounted radiators - so if you drop it hard, you may be in for a radiator repair along with the usual paint and plastic. Just my $.02.

Thanks. I was sitting on it again today . I carry full coverage and those R&G's require cutting the fairing. I just can't do it. Did you ever see the R&G 's actually work?

The oem bags are also great. Enjoy it!!

Edited by Gump