New to me 2007 Honda VFR800 Interceptor

Gump

Basically it's not charging now. Battery will

Die if I leave it in the bike. I've replaced RR, Stator, and battery was new last year when I was trying to fix it. Not sure what else to do and electrical stuff confuses me. The dash and headlights will turn off too if it's already running. Then battery will die.

First is does the battery hold a charge when not on the bike. Charge then take to auto parts store for a load test. And also

Then when battery in bike read voltage at battery not running key off.

Then start and read voltage at battery. If not getting a higher voltage when running over 2500rpm Start ohm check on stator and then R/R test. Woops that's in the thread above.

For a high drain situation when bike is off you need an amp clamp for your multimeter or a dc amp clamp. If there's a large drain then you're screwed and good luck. Haha. Hope this helps. I don't know what you do and don't know.

Edited by Gump

This is the guide I used to find the faults and upgrade the charging system in my 07 Triumph Daytona 675. Another model plagued by charging system woes.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35227

You don't say that! Our bikes are perfect!

Sent from my iPhone.

Edited by TimTheAzn

• 1 year later...