Bike spray cleaners? What works

max power

Talked to a guy the other day that said he used a spray cleaner that made the bugs slide right off of his bike.

I think he said it was S 100 or bug slide but I don't remember.

Said it made the paint shiny and slick.

So what does everyone use that actually works?

If I have to wet wash my bike, I use Bike Brite.  Its the best period!  For detailing I use Original Bike Spritz Spray Cleaner and Polish, its the same stuff as the original Honda Polish (they made it and repackaged for Honda).  The other stuff out there never really works as well as this combination.  You may have different results.

I have heard bug slide works, but it really was no different than a good carnauba wax for removing bugs.

I have used S100 for years...which is the same stuff bottled and private labeled in the Suzuki labeled bottle a la Original Bike Spritz/Pro Honda Cleaner. Like and trust them both, though I have never heard anything but good things on Bike Brite, either. Then I was with Eagle1 Nanowax.

I use WD-40 on my Ducati (it's bare aluminum with no paint).  The triumph gets a combination of spray bug/tar remover when needed or just regular Jax Wax spray window cleaner.  Maquires polish for the really tough stuff and I use Zymoil liquid wax.

Careful with the dish soaps and kitchen cleaners.  If you've spent any real time detailing and then waxing your bike, using dish soaps will strip the wax off.

Just stick with products that are formulated for washing autos/bikes and use whatever works best for you.

Personally...Bike Bright for the wash and some S100 afterwards.

Good cleaning for the season with dish soap then Honda spray and Honda spray again, dried then buffed. The more that stuffs on there, the easier it is to get bugs and gunk off later.

I've used most all of those. But I'll use different things in different places. Dirty rear wheels being the toughest, I think. Almost anything will work on bugs, the trick is to let it soak first. Even a wet paper towel slapped on there will loosen them up. And a good way to start when washing a bike. Car wash preferred, but sometimes dish soap to help cut grease.

PAM, heh.... good for spraying wheel wells on dirt bikes and 4wd to keep mud from sticking up in there. It's an Ohio thing.

Chemical Guys V07, it's a quick detailer/spray on wax/paint sealant all in 1. It's leaves a very slick finish as well. Nothing helps 100% 2 deflect bugs/dirt but this stuff does as very decent job, it also makes it easier w get bugs/dirt off. Below is a pic of my car paint job after 1 coat, which is all u need btw.

77779a787eb139eac55debcd9bb6a9e7.jpg

double thumbin' it!

Edited by silentcropduster

Careful with the dish soaps and kitchen cleaners. If you've spent any real time detailing and then waxing your bike, using dish soaps will strip the wax off.

Just stick with products that are formulated for washing autos/bikes and use whatever works best for you.

Personally...Bike Bright for the wash and some S100 afterwards.

^^this. Dish soap not a good idea. Dona Google search, there are many topics on it.

"I miss America"

The S100 does work well, but I typically just hand wash with microfiber cloth and turtlewax ice car wash soap. When dried I like to polish with some good ole Lemon Pledge and a mircofiber cloth, that gets done like maybe twice a year. :)