Tire deal from Bridgestone

Zorro

So I bought the tires from RM ATV and went to Bridgestone's site and filled out/submitted the rebate form on 3/21. On Bridgestone's site it says the rebate request was received. Today I got an email from RM ATV saying I should fill out the rebate request via their site "that facilitates the rebate process". I'm guessing that I don't need to do this since I submitted everything already and it should be sufficient but I'm wondering if I should hedge my bets and fill it out in case the first one is NIGO for some reason. I just don't want them denying it altogether for duplicate submission. Did anyone do both?

Edited by ScubaCinci

2 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

So I bought the tires from RM ATV and went to Bridgestone's site and filled out/submitted the rebate form on 3/21. On Bridgestone's site it says the rebate request was received. Today I got an email from RM ATV saying I should fill out the rebate request via their site "that facilitates the rebate process". I'm guessing that I don't need to do this since I submitted everything already and it should be sufficient but I'm wondering if I should hedge my bets and fill it out in case the first one is NIGO for some reason. I just don't want them denying it altogether for duplicate submission. Did anyone do both?

Fill out the 2nd one. Bridgestone approved mine twice. Had the same thing happen with Pirelli and got 2 rebate cards.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Damn thieves, I hope Bubba rapes both of you repeatedly.

I'm just gonna take the gift cards and buy more tires. The funny part is Bridgestone was advertising a $50 per set rebate. When you submit it, the confirmations says $100. Got one of my $100 cards last week.

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

I didn't know your given name was Bubba? :dunno:

I let @JustinNck1 slide since he saved my life last fall. But you are stealing from Bridgestone driving the costs of tires up for everyone else.

Shame on you!!

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

They should have better controls in place to prevent double-dipping. Maybe your whiz-kid can skool them in getting their technology tightened up. Besides, I technically bought 2 sets of tires...one set happened to be attached to a bike. :lol: I just hope the end up being good tires.

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

They should have better controls in place to prevent double-dipping. Maybe your whiz-kid can skool them in getting their technology tightened up. Besides, I technically bought 2 sets of tires...one set happened to be attached to a bike. :lol: I just hope the end up being good tires.

So next time we travel together if you don't have your top case locked I can help myself?

If you really need a CPAP it's all yours :D

Actually, since I've lost so much weight my dependence on a CPAP is minimal. On the last trip I had to sleep several nights without it and my wife said I was breathing just fine. No snoring or apnea episodes that she could discern. So, on motorcycle road trips I might leave that sucker behind because it takes up so much room.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

If you really need a CPAP it's all yours :D

Actually, since I've lost so much weight my dependence on a CPAP is minimal. On the last trip I had to sleep several nights without it and my wife said I was breathing just fine. No snoring or apnea episodes that she could discern. So, on motorcycle road trips I might leave that sucker behind because it takes up so much room.

Yeah carrying a CPAP on the bike takes up a lot of space, and while everyone else has a flask of good stuff, my flask is filled with distilled water.

When I travel, I usually just used bottled water. I have a spare water reservoir that I use for travel because bottled water tends to leave behind mineral deposit stains. Actually, every time I get a new one, I throw away the oldest and use the previous one for this purpose. Same with the hose.

Not really anything about catching the double dipping but here Is the email that went out about them catching the $100 rebate error

Hello,

You recently received an email for claim xxxxxxxxcxxxx stating you earned a reward amount of $100 with your eligible Bridgestone tire purchase in the 2017 Bridgestone Motorcycle Winter promotion. 

Based on promotion terms and conditions, your eligible purchase qualifies for $50 instead of the previous reward amount listed. You will receive your Bridgestone Visa Prepaid Card for $50 within 6-8 weeks of receipt of this email. 

Thank you for purchasing your Bridgestone tires. 

If you have any questions, please contact Bridgestone Rewards Headquarters at (800) 926-3716, Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm CST.