Update your windows computers.

Tonik

Some nasty stuff out there...there is a patch today from MS today. Go get it.  And double check your Flash while you are at it, same dudes hit that twice in the last 2 weeks. If you have a Mac, just kill yourself.

• Upvote 1

Somebody is still running Flash bits? I dropped that when FireFox blocked it. Mine was already blocked anyway. But no more running Flash for a while till Adobe fixes Flash. If....

If/when you upgrade to Windows 10, you won't have to worry about it because it will automatically update whether you want to or not. Not sure how I feel about that. There have been times when patches have caused problems so I usually wait a week after release to install to see if there are complaints.

Edited by ScubaCinci

Mine did a update last night, must have been it.

The update I am talking about came out at 10am PST Monday. So if by 'last night' you mean Sunday night, no you didn't get it.

I expect flash to be fixed shortly after hell freezes over. Which is still sooner than java will be fixed.

And the stuff that we run at work for programming vehicle computers, and diagnosing vehicles runs on Java.  And of course it will almost never run on the latest version.  This keeps things VERY secure... :rolleyes:

If/when you upgrade to Windows 10, you won't have to worry about it because it will automatically update whether you want to or not. Not sure how I feel about that. There have been times when patches have caused problems so I usually wait a week after release to install to see if there are complaints.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Does that mean we're going to have the latest IE shoved down the pipe, even if some of the stuff we use will not work with it anymore?  We're stuck with holding back to IE9 for work, still.

Does that mean we're going to have the latest IE shoved down the pipe, even if some of the stuff we use will not work with it anymore?  We're stuck with holding back to IE9 for work, still.

Pretty sure IE is going away completely.

And the stuff that we run at work for programming vehicle computers, and diagnosing vehicles runs on Java.  And of course it will almost never run on the latest version.  This keeps things VERY secure... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Does that mean we're going to have the latest IE shoved down the pipe, even if some of the stuff we use will not work with it anymore?  We're stuck with holding back to IE9 for work, still.

If the stuff you run is broken by a Java update, then the stuff you run is broken.  Java is fixing security holes, if your software requires those security holes it is worse than Java. The vendor can sign up with Java and get the new releases months in advance to test and adjust for.  Drop a hammer on them.

As for IE9 in January it isn't supported anymore unless you are on Vista.

Edited by Tonik

If the stuff you run is broken by a Java update, then the stuff you run is broken.  Java is fixing security holes, if your software requires those security holes it is worse than Java. The vendor can sign up with Java and get the new releases months in advance to test and adjust for.  Drop a hammer on them.

As for IE9 in January it isn't supported anymore unless you are on Vista.

I don't think GM cares.  Actually, it's HP.  HP does the software for the diag and reprogramming.  

People still use IE?

At work, yes.  At home, or personal stuff at work, it's Chrome, 95% of the time.  As 2talltim says, there are a few websites that just work better with IE, and a few that just don't work with Chrome.  Sprint's website is not Chrome friendly when they first make changes to it.  After a short time it's usually all good, though.