Deals Gap 10-10 to 10-14

2talltim

Not to test you on that but on that topic (and off thread topic, sorry) I'm actually kinda worried about my wife. She's on a live aboard dive boat with a friend around Turks and Caicos right where the hurricane is (although on the periphery it appears). I haven't heard from her since Wed eve though her cell service there is extremely spotty. She's not due back until next Tuesday.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to test you on that but on that topic (and off thread topic, sorry) I'm actually kinda worried about my wife. She's on a live aboard dive boat with a friend around Turks and Caicos right where the hurricane is (although on the periphery it appears). I haven't heard from her since Wed eve though her cell service there is extremely spotty. She's not due back until next Tuesday.

Can you call the hotel? 

I'm pretty confident they are fine...they are on the Aggressor Fleet which is a top tier operation but shit happens. People keep texting/FB/calling me asking if she's ok...I guess it's getting to me a bit. Sorry for the hijack...it's on my mind this morning.

On with trip planning! I wore my new gear on the ride into work...happy with what I got. I'm ready.

We should get a final tally this weekend of who's going, when they plan on getting there, where staying, etc. Maybe Tim can update the OP with the details.

I'll get on this over the weekend once I've gone over some pages I haven't read yet, I have funeral stuff todo today.

I do know Blitz might not make it now, guess he's shopping for a new bike because he wrecked his Aprilia. Said if he found a new one he'd still go.

I've got a lot of reading to do to catch up on this thread. I didn't think that I would be able to make it due to a work trip but that has been cancelled and I could take the time off.

Does anyone happen to have any trailer space available? I don't have time to get mine from Ohio, clean it it out, and register it in Michigan before the trip. I could ride my bike down to wherever and load up in a trailer and tag along.

Not sure if there are any rooms or places to sleep left either.

Only other option is to ride down and I'm not sure if I want to take that route. It is a 9hr 40min ride down straight through slabbing it the entire way. It would probably be a good 12hr ride down and back.

I've got a lot of reading to do to catch up on this thread. I didn't think that I would be able to make it due to a work trip but that has been cancelled and I could take the time off.

Does anyone happen to have any trailer space available? I don't have time to get mine from Ohio, clean it it out, and register it in Michigan before the trip. I could ride my bike down to wherever and load up in a trailer and tag along.

Not sure if there are any rooms or places to sleep left either.

Only other option is to ride down and I'm not sure if I want to take that route. It is a 9hr 40min ride down straight through slabbing it the entire way. It would probably be a good 12hr ride down and back.

Can't help you out with getting there. But if Jamie is out there is a couch avaliable or either way there is plenty of floor space for a air matrress at th e cabins.

I also still have my room at the microtel I haven't canceled yet. Haven't decided what I'm going to do there. Need to make sure I have everyone down that going and where they are staying first.

Probably a good idea to put Matt and I in the smaller cabin since we're getting in later.

I was already thinking that but for other reasons. Also I'm assuming Vera only takes cash? Dan will have to answer that.

I'm afraid to know what the other reasons are.... You don't like me bro? :(

No i was looking out for the snoring issue some of us have.you know of mine and Dan might just be louder than me. Nothin but Love Bro!

Great news on the wife.

And now all of you know why I don't share rooms. Life is too short to spend it lying in bed awake listening to some asshat snore his ass off, or put up with whatever other bullshit they dream up.

Well i know i have to work till 7pm on Friday now so i will not be leaving till Saturday. My plan is to leave ass crack early (3a or 4a) slab down and meet up with you'll at Cafe Rel for lunch.(if that's still the plan). UNLESS I have to work Saturday morning, in that case ill be leaving directly form work and get there when i can. 

I think i have the first post updated, still have Blitz and Tyler as maybes who ever says they are going for sure first gets the couch spot in the larger cabin. If both end up going i will give up my cabin spot and just use my reservation i have at the hotel. if the couch is a deal breaker ill give up my cabin spot bed and use my reservation for that also. 

If i have forgotten anything or any one chime in and let me know.

We aren't sure the exact cost of the cabins should be around $110 to $130 a night for both cabin together, I figure we will just take the total price together and divide it by how many total in the cabins. so right now it looks like about $88 to $105(worst case) per person for the 5 of us. Obviously will be lower if one of the maybes commits or if my estimate is high. And Cash only

It's not lunch, its an early dinner....330ish. Just to be clear for your planning.

And if you leave work Friday and head to Beckley you are there before midnight.

I'll still consider the Friday thing, but getting up at 5:30a then working 12 hrs, then riding 5 hours after dark might not be a good idea. And 10-4 on the early dinner time.