I don't even know what to title this

Casper

My brother and I both rode in the snow to get our bikes back to my parents' house on a few occasions.   It's unnerving to say the least.  I only did 7-10 miles on the highway (light snow falling, not much of anything on the ground), and then a few miles from the exit to my parents' house with snow covering the road, but nothing more than a dusting.  Their street had 4-6" of slush and other crap though.  The plow clearly hadn't been down it since the night prior.  It was packed from cars driving on it, and parts of the street were visible, but it was a 2nd gear crawl with both feet skimming the ground.  I'm probably lucky it was down-hill.

My brother was truly a beast getting his bike back home from OSU's campus 2-3 years in a row.  I can't remember when he actually bought his bike, but he had it on campus every year after.  He would ride home for Thanksgiving break, and if there wasn't snow on the ground when he left, he would take the bike back until Christmas!  He rode up 71 in falling snow at least twice that I can think of.  Stopped frequently to warm up (no heated gear or heated grips on his XJ600), but never complained about anything more than my mother's insistence that he call and give updates every 20-30 minutes so we knew he was keeping the bike upright.

Ironically, he just texted me Wednesday after putting his SV down at a wet intersection.  Apparently he's better at snow than rain.

I rode home in the snow - about 10 miles - one time.  Didn't check the forecast before I left so assumed clear dry roads meant it was safe to ride out to the dojo.  3 hours later when I went to ride home there was a couple inches of snow on the ground.   It was an uneventful, if maybe a little slow, ride home.

Come on, dude is just talking shit on the internet. Every thread on OR is 99 percent the same, stop taking yourselves so seriously.

wait, so... I am not suppose to stay in the kitchen???

I don't need a pass anymore????

or is that the 1% that is true on OR?

Edited by snot
  • Upvote 1