New software...

Casper

Why do I need to click something called community on Mobil to find the forum categories? I find it highly annoying and a waste of clicks And wonder what the heck is community, every time. O wait if I click community and click community again it's the forum categories. If I click community then forums it's the forum categories also. What's up with that? 

Edited by Gump

10 hours ago, Gump said:

Why do I need to click something called community on Mobil to find the forum categories? I find it highly annoying and a waste of clicks And wonder what the heck is community, every time. O wait if I click community and click community again it's the forum categories. If I click community then forums it's the forum categories also. What's up with that? 

Or you could just click the big Ohio Riders logo at the top of every page???

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

In Chrome when I click the grey new notification popup bar it takes me to the thread but the bell icon at the top stays red with a #1.

Yup. That's all browsers unfortunately. I don't have a way of marking it read if you don't click on the bell. Bit annoying, but is what it is for now. 

I've wondered that myself.

Also, in FF on windows, the emoticons window is not resizable and you must scroll side to side and up/down to see them. On the mac and in other browsers, I don't see this happening. Happens on my work PC (Windows 7) and home (Win 10). Not a big deal but since we are mentioning things...

4 minutes ago, Lawrence1 said:

BTW seems kinda silly I get bad reps in the political forum. MERICA!!!

So we have a tradition here, where anyone that complains about getting neg rep gets more neg rep. However, as you may have noticed I'm a really nice guy so gonna let it slide this time.

1 hour ago, Lawrence1 said:

So I was browsing my points this evening and it looks as though I gave @DerekClouser a bad rep that i didn't know about. Must have been my Flintstone thumb while using my phone. Please accept my apology. 

BTW seems kinda silly I get bad reps in the political forum. MERICA!!!

I'll only accept your apologies if you + rep every other one of my posts.  It's all good man, I don't stress the rep.   

• 2 months later...

Once again Casper has broken the internet. I look at this site almost everyday but don't log in unless something interests me. Sometime in the last couple weeks instead of recent topics populating it is now recent posts. Currently all of the options are being filled by one topic that I don't give a fuck about. This shit needs fixed so I can possibly be entertained by a choice in multiple topics instead of bored to death by stupid comments in a single topic that is infinitely boring.

18 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

Once again Casper has broken the internet. I look at this site almost everyday but don't log in unless something interests me. Sometime in the last couple weeks instead of recent topics populating it is now recent posts. Currently all of the options are being filled by one topic that I don't give a fuck about. This shit needs fixed so I can possibly be entertained by a choice in multiple topics instead of bored to death by stupid comments in a single topic that is infinitely boring.

No idea what you're talking about. 

I don't leave myself logged in automatically all the time for various reasons. When I do look at OR while not logged in the page looked differently a few weeks ago. On the right hand side there are several fields that are populated with current information about OR. One of the fields has changed and it is bugging the shit out of me. The old field was "recent topics" and all ten of the items were filled in with different threads, giving me the opportunity to see if anything interesting was being discussed. The current field is "recent posts" and all ten of the items can be from the same boring, stupid thread that has zero appeal to read any further. Participation would most likely increase if at a quick glance people could see various topics being discussed instead of a bunch of posts between two stupid people that have no interest to the outside world.

Ask Tonik to explain it to you or I can try typing slower until you catch on.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it hasn't always been recent posts and it is a fucking stupid way to have it setup. It looks like there isn't any traffic here at times when all new content is about the same topic. Recent threads still shows the hottest posted topic with recent posts but it also shows diversity and the look of member participation in multiple topics.

1 hour ago, Uncle Punk said:

No, it hasn't always been recent posts and it is a fucking stupid way to have it setup. It looks like there isn't any traffic here at times when all new content is about the same topic. Recent threads still shows the hottest posted topic with recent posts but it also shows diversity and the look of member participation in multiple topics.

Can you take screenshots and show me what you're talking about? I'd be happy to fix it. 

• 2 weeks later...

The front page shows recent posts. It has one prevalent topic with repeating posters. Prior to this change the recent posts header was recent topics and it contained recent topics filling in the ten or so most recent topics, none of them repeating. This allows someone to see a larger variety of topics to participate in instead of it looking like there is nothing else going on except one topic.

• Upvote 3

On 11/30/2016 at 3:23 PM, Uncle Punk said:

The front page shows recent posts. It has one prevalent topic with repeating posters. Prior to this change the recent posts header was recent topics and it contained recent topics filling in the ten or so most recent topics, none of them repeating. This allows someone to see a larger variety of topics to participate in instead of it looking like there is nothing else going on except one topic.

I don't recall it being like you describe.  You should stay logged in, then create a custom view so it shows what you are asking for on the left.

Casper sucks.JPG

4 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

I use four devices to get online, three of which are shared. I don't want to stay logged in for others plus the fourth unshared device is a phone. You kids just don't understand the struggle it is for an old man to navigate let alone try to read a phone.

I'll see what I can do for you.