Saturday (or Sunday?), July 2/3 ride

jacobhawkins

At this point it looks like a good weekend.  I know a lot of folks will have plans but I've hardly been out and I'll have the weekend off from work.  Don't have a specific route in mind yet but I'm assuming the usual roads in SEO.  I'd like to put in a good day, up and out of Columbus by 9 so it should be getting decent by the time I get east.  Medium-medium fast for me, not looking to burn it down, but ya know...  Happy to meet at Iron Pony and 83/93 if anybody else wants to join in.  If nobody chimes in, I'll probably work on some sections that get me balled up until I suck a little less.

If one day works better for people then the other I'm open.  Cleared the weekend for bike stuff.

Jacob I just got the ok to do this. Saturday works best for me. I'd prefer to meet at the 83 and 93 intersection. That meets in Otsego near New Comcord correct?

6 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Saturday it is!  I'll see ya at Otsego in that little gravel lot at the intersection of 83 and 93 about 10:15-10:30.

Jacob, Is your route going to continue south on 83 to 78. I may try to join in on the fun at New Concord fuel mart 83/22 if your group is not full. Too much dirt and gravel the last two weeks. I need a dose of carbon monoxide and asphalt fumes. No wait.

32 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Jacob, Is your route going to continue south on 83 to 78. I may try to join in on the fun at New Concord fuel mart 83/22 if your group is not full. Too much dirt and gravel the last two weeks. I need a dose of carbon monoxide and asphalt fumes. No wait.

Yep, heading south for sure to 78.

5 minutes ago, Idiot said:

I'll probably be on some of the same roads on Saturday.  If you guys see a guy on a black Harley riding like an idiot wave at me as you pass!

but, just in case you guys don't follow Harley Owners Group news real closely, this week is the Ohio HOG rally in Zanesville, there's a good chance you'll see more than the average number of harleys out on the roads in this area this weekend.  

Thanks for the heads up on that, I almost forgot. Sounds like a good day to stay south for me.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

I usually try to avoid holiday weekends as the force is out in numbers  + I'll have my son for the holiday weekend....

Speed safely!

Thanks for the reminder.  I'll still be a cager this weekend but the State boys are insane on I71 between I270 and 36/37 on holiday weekends.

15 minutes ago, Idiot said:

Well, they generally only do that to folks that are breaking the law.

You could just go out for a pleasant fun and safe ride while obeying the law and not worry about it.

Or, failing that, at least not go out planning to break the law.

I'd rather ride my ride at a spirited pace then a Harley ducking in and out of bars drink after drink. 

But to each there own. 

This hoopla about not posting rides on a piblic forum is nonsense. Yea I get it people have gotten tickets on rides. But I find it hard to believe cops have nothing better to do than peruse motorcycle forums to set up speed traps. Been posting rides and routes on this website and a few others for the last 5 or 6 years and never has it became a problem. Delusional paranoia in my opinion.

• Upvote 4