Ride Saturday 7-29

what

15 minutes ago, Blitz said:

So happy to see an OR Saturday ride. I'm in. What time are we leaving Columbus guys? And where do you want to meet?

Coordinating with @jacobhawkins now. Won't be meeting until around 11-11:30 I don't think since he works tomorrow morning.

Edited by what
route options decided

4 minutes ago, what said:

Coordinating with @jacobhawkins now. Won't be meeting until around 11-11:30 I don't think since he works tomorrow morning. Trying to decide the best way to get to the bucket. Slab makes me sad and might get me in trouble... the new bike reaaaaally wants to go fast. 

If we are just meeting Justin and he's from the Athens area... we could head down 33 and ride up through Hocking... @JustinNck1 - thoughts?

Im good for whatever. Just let me know a meeting place and I will be there.

12 minutes ago, what said:

If I could show you the conversations I'm having about routes with other riding acquaintances for a Sunday ride. I'm having to fight vehemently to ride 669 instead of 70, 33, 13 or 37.:hellno: Same group that refused to do anything but ride back and forth on the Dragon for 5 days....  :shots:

Anyway.... I'm fine with that route and most anything that follows.

5 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Dragon back and forth for days is excellent fun if you're doing the appropriate pace. 

And they do...

But how about we switch it up for a day and check out the Cherohala? Or maybe Wolf Pen Gap? 

13 minutes ago, Blitz said:

If I could show you the conversations I'm having about routes with other riding acquaintances for a Sunday ride. I'm having to fight vehemently to ride 669 instead of 70, 33, 13 or 37.:hellno: Same group that refused to do anything but ride back and forth on the Dragon for 5 days....  :shots:

Sounds like columbus riders ??????????????

• Upvote 1

I had a lot of fun on the dragon on the last trip. I didn't have the right rhythm before but I found it this spring. I didn't ride it on the weekend though except to sit and watch all the grom mayhem on saturday. 

Edited by what

1 hour ago, what said:

Meet at Pony @ 11:15 work for everyone?  Say 12:45 at the bucket and go from there. 

@Blitz @jacobhawkins

Better tell @Blitz 10:30.  Haha. Got the daytona back in street bodywork last night so I'm ready to rock and roll.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, what said:

Could also head a bit further east and cut out Mcconnelsville, its a bit longer route - https://tinyurl.com/y88dxodt

Sorry, I couldn't stand it...I had to fix your longer route.  For an extra 15 minutes you get off 7 and on to 536.

https://goo.gl/maps/VUdfidJ9KM12

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blitz said:

Show us those conversations

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Sorry, I couldn't stand it...I had to fix your longer route.  For an extra 15 minutes you get off 7 and on to 536.

https://goo.gl/maps/VUdfidJ9KM12

Well done Jim. The section of 78  btw East Union and Lewisville I see a route just below 145 and 724. have you or anyone tried them. I do like that section of 78 when you need to make up time that's a HAYABUSA section.

If I am able to get off work early and be in the road by 11:30ish and absolutely fly with just one gas stop minimal traffic I can be at woodsfeild gas station by 2:30ish I think, still I might be too late to meet you guys passing by right? 

9 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Well done Jim. The section of 78  btw East Union and Lewisville I see a route just below 145 and 724. have you or anyone tried them. I do like that section of 78 when you need to make up time that's a HAYABUSA section.

145 is a very fun road. It's worthwhile to run all the way up to 26 near Bealsville - can then cut south and hop over to 260 via 537. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

If I am able to get off work early and be in the road by 11:30ish and absolutely fly with just one gas stop minimal traffic I can be at woodsfeild gas station by 2:30ish I think, still I might be too late to meet you guys passing by right? 

We probably won't be leaving Muskie until 12:45 or so. Not sure how our timing will work out going near Woodsfield. We can keep in touch and see where we are at tomorrow, you've got my number.

Hey guys, something to keep in mind.

Midwest Connection, the local hooligan street stunting/ law breaking ride, is meeting at 11 am at Pony.

If there's only a couple of us, no big deal. But if we have a group, we might want to change the meet spot.

On 7/27/2017 at 4:41 PM, Tonik said:

Thanks man! I'll see you on the 5th. Wife and I are doing Rt 6 in PA this weekend.

Tonik if you want a decent road to run off of Rt 6 grab Rt 27 in Meadville and run it to Titusville. It's not SEO twisty but a good time. I know it connects to 6 in Meadville but you will have to look up how to get back to 6 in Titusville. Should not be much of a detour and I think worth the time. 

3 hours ago, what said:

We probably won't be leaving Muskie until 12:45 or so. Not sure how our timing will work out going near Woodsfield. We can keep in touch and see where we are at tomorrow, you've got my number.

If I am making good time early morning I will post up with a guesstimate departure time. From that time it will take me roughly 3-3.5 hrs to get to woods field, if At all this happens, if possible please try to take your leisure time to get things moving lol, as I see it from Muskie to woodsfeild as per the route it won't take more than 2 hrs for sure, which will be close to 3 pm. If you take the gas station break in woodsfeild it will be great since chance of meet up also goes high. :D If only seo had good network coverage we could always keep in touch via txt or call, but it's spotty at best.

overall don't even think about me and my crazy timing as of now, the statistical chance of getting out in time is less than 5% :( 

2 hours ago, Blitz said:

Hey guys, something to keep in mind.

Midwest Connection, the local hooligan street stunting/ law breaking ride, is meeting at 11 am at Pony.

If there's only a couple of us, no big deal. But if we have a group, we might want to change the meet spot.

I think at this point it's just you, Jacob and myself. Meeting Justin down at the bucket.