Raise your son right

The Pikey

Guest Ponyfreak
I do not see anything wrong with that video. I was a couple years older than that when I first began shooting with my dad. That kid does seem a bit young.

I agree, The little guy should have been handling a rifle untill he were strong enough for a shotgun.

Why knock people for how they choose to live? The kid has a supportive father, teaching him skills that will serve him throughout his life. And life lessons that can only come with spending quality time together. Sure, you may not like the activity, but that child is going to respect firearms instead of shooting his classmates.

Originally posted by Ponyfreak.:

He should have been shooting a .22 at some cans before he got on the end of a 20Gauge

Definately.

I got a bb gun for christmas at age 6 and I was shooting .22's with the boy scouts when I was just old enough to join.

My parents weren't into guns. They were the kind of parents that would rather ignore issues than discuss them, so I learned about firearms from everyone else. My grandfather taught me a bit, but it was difficult for him to go shooting (he's paralized) so that didn't happen often. Luckily, I had plenty of friends that lived on farms to teach me how to shoot, and how to do it SAFELY.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with teaching a child to shoot. Giving him a gun that knocks him on his ass is kind of fucked up though.