Your better half's car.

nurkvinny

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife has a 2002 mazda pro 5. Car is fucking kick ass. has great build quality, fit and finish is unbeatable in its price range and for some above its price range. great gas mileage.

its a 5 speed so its fun to drive holds great to the road.

the only 2 down sides i have with the car is HP is only 130 torque is the same. second is the tires. from the factory it comes with Z rated tires shit for winter diving and no tread life.

Guest mudbutt

Mom drives an 00 WS-6 and is absolutly in love with it.

Girlfriend drives a 98 saturn, she really likes it but we plan to get something nice once school is over. She is really partial to wagons. A saab 92x is at the top of the list.

My wife drives a 2001 Olds Aurora with the V-8 in it. She bought it new, it's probably one of the best cars offered by Olds in the last 6 yrs or so. Even though they were going out of b/z - she wanted THAT car! Only issues we've had were electrical (no worries though) cause we bought extended warranty. Like someone said earlier on here = happy wife happy household :D

Bring her to my dealership (Nissan North), we'll put her in a Maxima, Altima, whatever she wants!

graemlins/thatfunny.gif

My wife drives a 04 Legacy and she loves it, but she wants my car. smile.gif

Originally posted by Mowgli:

OK, a little caller-commentary here:

When someone posts a topic entitled "Your better half's car" and you respond with "Mom drives..." - you've got issues.

For the first page-and-a-quarter every single person listed a different car. So I asked the expert. Right now she drives a 94 Corolla she said this, "it runs well...I feel like I can drive it reliably." But the bottom line is she would like something else, FWIW I changed the starter a while back...not cool. So I asked her what she wanted in a car. She said something cool, sexy, a black or a silver, a little sporty. So the moral, at my age a car is a big-time investment. If I (or my old lady) am going to drop the dough, we want to be proud to be in it. So there has to be some comprimise, something safe but sporty. She doesn't need to have the most powerful car on the road. I could see her in a volvo. One of the safest cars on the road, some are a little sporty, classy looks etc. But my woman may not be the same as yours, find out what she wants and make a comprimise. This has to be a car that you wouldn't mind driving occassionally, I really dislike driving the Corolla, so I probably wouldn't want to get another, but our tastes overlap enough that we can find her a match.

Thanks for the replies. The real reason of this thread was to eliminate as many makes as possible. Meaning, if 4 guys replied with, "her Grand Am has been a money pit", or "her Olds has screwed us over many times", I'd stay away from those.

She has owned an 87 Accord, 97 Grand Am GT, and now an 01 Alero. The Alero was supposed to last her several years until she makes enough money to buy something new. But, it is a POS. The only saving grace about the weekly repairs is that I do them all myself, so we're not paying shop prices. EVERY on-line forum that has Alero reviews is nearly 100% negative comments about the Alero. We're just done with the car; shame too, we've dropped a good amount of money into it, and it looks great.

We are going to go test drive an 04 Grand Prix and a couple Mazda 6's tonight. She loves the GP looks, and I couldn't believe the positive reviews and ratings the Mazda is getting.