Thank You AEP!!!

Avenger1647545502

I appreciate everything they're doing and all. But on the other hand I'm fucking pissed off. They've spent hours in my back yard, but I'm one of three house in the neighborhood that still don't have power. Seriously, my next door neighbors have power and I don't :mad:

My power went out some time between 9PM Wed and 2am Thursday (we were at the bar that evening......). Didn't come back on until 7PM tonight....furnace is still running non-stop! No call from AEP. When I called to report the outage, the lady I spoke to might as well have been a robot; she had the personality of one. My bitch of a next door neighbor is still w/ out power since her power line is laying on the ground. Everyone across the street is still w/ out power too.

Well, my power went out on Wednday morning, it briefly came back on Friday night around 8:30. It went BACk off again today at 10:30 or so (according ot my neighbor) and it FINALLY kicked back on about 1/2 hour ago. Yay.

What a fucking shitty ass christmas though. :( .

Yeah I'm somewhere in the middle. These emergency crews have a helluva load to take care of, but it shouldn't take 3+ days to get people running. No matter what the damage, they should always be able to bring in enough emergency crews from outlying cities, and out of state to repair any damage within 24-36 hours MAXIMUM. And the repairs should not go in order of the # of people on each circuit, and rich areas first (ahem), but in the order of the reports of outages -- the only fair way to do it.

Don't mean to rant. ;)

Originally posted by Razorback:

Yeah I'm somewhere in the middle. These emergency crews have a helluva load to take care of, but it shouldn't take 3+ days to get people running. No matter what the damage, they should always be able to bring in enough emergency crews from outlying cities, and out of state to repair any damage within 24-36 hours MAXIMUM. And the repairs should not go in order of the # of people on each circuit, and rich areas first (ahem), but in the order of the reports of outages -- the only fair way to do it.

Don't mean to rant. ;)

That triple overtime must be nice...

Originally posted by Fornicate:

That triple overtime must be nice...

That is what my dad did before he retired. They make about 75 per hour in this type of situation. They are only allowed to work so many hours ( 12 I believe) before they are required to sleep(safety law). They will then continue ON THE CLOCK to sleep for 6 hours and return to work. In a storm like this they would work 4-5 days straight being paid triple time 24/7.

Guest Hilton 67
My power was out for 5 days. Many thanks to the crews getting the power back on. There are still many streets without power and that is sad. I want to know why the tree limbs were not kept trimmed in the first place. I have been told that AEP no longer trims any trees, but I am not sure how true that is. Does anyone have any info on the tree trimming policy of AEP?

My power went out last night. I gasped knowing most of the crews were in wooster fixing that hell hole. I prepared for a chill but before I even added a second blanket to the bed, it came back on.

1 hour without power. I dont know how you suckers are holding on for multiple days.

I never lost power, but my mother in law is still with out power. Luckly they have a wood burner in there house. She did see the AEP crew down the road from her house today. She took them a plate of cookies and to see how things are doing. The guy she was talking to said he is from PA and has been in Central Ohio since early Wednesday morning last week. He said he sleeps a little, eats, and works. Hasn't seen his family since he left home to come to Ohio. But the good news was that she said they told her she should have power by this evening.

Guest Harris92
Originally posted by Hilton 67:

My power was out for 5 days. Many thanks to the crews getting the power back on. There are still many streets without power and that is sad. I want to know why the tree limbs were not kept trimmed in the first place. I have been told that AEP no longer trims any trees, but I am not sure how true that is. Does anyone have any info on the tree trimming policy of AEP?

Five days without power would completly suck. I lost mine for like eight hours and I thought that was bad. Damn :eek: