Sam "The Vette" Real best time?

Mensan

Here is the slip Sam told us is his, as witnesses in the omni post:

http://mark8.org/users/Eli/sams.jpeg

This is taken from Sam's original picture that he posted on the 8th, when we open it with photoshop, and then adjust the levels:

http://mark8.org/users/Eli/slip.jpg

Here is what his opponent states is the real timeslip, even though quality is poor and it does look phony:

http://mark8.org/users/Eli/real.jpeg

Now, I'm no detective, but when we compare the one Sam posted to the original, and you look closely at the numbers that his opponent state were "modified", it does appear that the top one is actually the photoshopped model. It is also obvious that a 16 second car does not have enough wheelspin to have a 3.8 60' time, and then come back and run 11.4 in the 1/8th (after a 3.8 60'). Sorry, I gotta call graemlins/bsflag.gif .

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone is lying, no doubt about that. Obviously the top and bottom time slip are the same w/ one being edited. Simply looking at the same reaction times for both lanes on both slips is enough to figure that out.

Sorry to say, but Sam's definately looks more fake than the Omni drivers. The smudge marks are going to be hard to explain.

Originally posted by Mensan:

Now, I'm no detective, but when we compare the one Sam posted to the original, and you look closely at the numbers that his opponent state were "modified", it does appear that the top one is actually the photoshopped model. It is also obvious that a 16 second car does not have enough wheelspin to have a 3.8 60' time, and then come back and run 11.4 in the 1/8th (after a 3.8 60'). Sorry, I gotta call graemlins/bsflag.gif .

you are right, the only thing i can think of to get a 3.8 60' time is if the person killed the car at the line (i've done this launcering too low on DR's :( ) if it were not such a fugged up runn on the left side I could almost overlook the darker areas around the numbers that were changed.

Guest 2.2turbojoe
Originally posted by glhsken:

EVERYTHING lines up on the left hand side of the slip. Hmmm could that be called the "margin" Why is the 1 in 12:45 the only character to the LEFT of the margin.

Satan posted:

top one is fake

zoom in 10x

86.36 MPH on the bottom left of the top time slip

look closely at the "." and the "8"

they don't match all of the others on the slip

the "." is too square

the "8" has a smaller bottom loop

Man, you guys are good! I would not have noticed that. What I saw that you guys may not have is this...

If the staging lanes opened at 12:00 how could there have been 385 cars make a pass in 45 minutes?? Look at the Rnd # Q0 tward the bottom. I have a slip from my first attempt to make a pass (broke an axle in the burn out box) that shows at 1:07 they were only running cars 56 and 57!

Then Sam took the 16.540 and subtracted his 11.168 from it and came up with "Right 1st 5.372" the math is correct but he didn't account for the difference in reaction times! Nor did he carry the numbers right of the decimal point to the 4th number! EVERY slip I have (from any track) this number is carried to 4 places right of the point.

One last thing I'll bet nobody niticed. Sam "claims" he lost his scanner cable during his move is why it took so long to post the slip. I personally have never seen a scanner that would allow the top left corner be bent tward you, also allowing a small shadow under the entire top edge. Not to mention the whole slip is not even flat. I beleive it was taken with a camera and the scaner cable excuse was BS to account for why it was taking so long to post.

Guest evorx7man
Don't you think this topic has been run in to the ground a bit dodge boys?? I mean your point has been proved, this is just old now. But thanks for the good entertainment anyhow.

Originally posted by evorx7man:

Don't you think this topic has been run in to the ground a bit dodge boys?? I mean your point has been proved, this is just old now. But thanks for the good entertainment anyhow.

We've had 10+ TD guys sign up just today. I don't think this is over by a long shot.

Not like it can be locked anyways, Kenny will throw another bitch fit.