Gas is now over 3.00 in COlumbus and Chillicothe

CJINOHIO03

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filled up at the meijer up at lewis center for 2.59, went to wally world for some jars to can some tomates, drove by the meijer 10 minutes later and it was 3.09.

WWhat the fuck is this shit about.

gues the buick and the plymouth will stay garaged for a while now.

I can probably fix that. I'm testing something on my drive down. ;)

nice.. does it involve like putting a bottle of Crisco in the tank for each fill up? :D

Let me know when you figure it out. (i'm sure a LOT of people will know too) :).

$3.09 here in Gahanna (just got home from work). The Cobra's staying in the garage for the time being. I'm going to pull down my bicycle that's been hanging up for about 6 years, pump up the tires and see if it still works okay, and I think it's time to start riding to work.

Yep I will be riding the 87 FZR1000, 40mpg sounds good to me.

Spaceghost - what kind of gas mileage does an STI get?

I would think turbo cars would do pretty well as long as your not in boost.

I get about 20MPG if I shift each time before 3000rpm. Not too bad. Cobb is going to have an economy map for my car here in a week or so so maybe that will go up.

Its 3.49 here in central georgia, one dollar up from yesterday, I filled up yesterday, but that was probably pointless cause supposed to come home to columbus for a week but now im probably gonna have to go to new orleans for communication setup.

$3.09 here in Gahanna (just got home from work). The Cobra's staying in the garage for the time being. I'm going to pull down my bicycle that's been hanging up for about 6 years, pump up the tires and see if it still works okay, and I think it's time to start riding to work.

Ha! My Cobra is my good gas milage car. My truck gets like 17-18 mpg.

Hahaha....good one. Tell it again, tell it again!!

Yeah I'll see if I can find any more information about how the govt. thinks releasing oil reserves will prompt big oil to lower the gas price in the wake of a disaster!

I do concede that our oil supply is inhibited by 25%, but the demand has probably gone up by a fair amount too.

I had to go to 3 gas stations before I actually got to one that still had gas. That was scary considering I was on Empty for a bit. Then @3.31/gal it cost almost $60 to fill up my GTP. That sucks considering I fill it up twice a week. Might be for sale shortly...

We are witnessing something truly monumental. It will settle itself down in a few weeks. But it is really not a good time for the wallet. Might be a good time to buy a car though, if one has the spare $. Its not like the oil supply is coming to an end yet, we are just at 75% of our crude of intake capacity and at a time of high demand.

How much is 100 octane unleaded at the Sunoco on Hamilton right now?

I just filled up the Formula with 94, but if these prices are going to continue, I'll go ahead and bump up the timing and run straight 100 instead. I mean, if it's only going to be $1 more a gallon over what 94 will cost me, might as well, since I don't normally rack the miles up on it anyway.

As for the Moostang.....might have to break out the timing light and turn back the timing so I can run 87 again.