Official Norwalk Results Thread

Wease

Pretty light turnout today (27 cars), but still a good time. Thanks to all who showed up. :thumbup:

My '86 Mustang GT with gears, pullies, exhaust and Nittos ran many consistant 14.2's @ 94/95 MPH. Nothing crazy, but not bad for a 20 year old nearly stock car. Let's see the rest of those times for those who went... :)

I had neither a "Sam" or an "Andrew" show up today, so I'm going with the latter. ;)

COFBA ate enough of the cost today that we'll probably only have one track day next year. If we can't get at least 40 - 60 people to come and offset the price, it costs us money and that's no fun... :(

:( 12.19 @ 104.78mph

Clutch gave out hitting second :mad: Pedaled it enough to keep in front of Mark, no way I was letting him pass me.

Sucks that COFBA is going to eat almost half the cost of the rental due to lack of entries.

How did mark do? I felt bad last night

I went an 11.39@119 and backed it up with a 11.44 in the truck, I was having issues with the DR's spinning on the wheels, so i couldnt get it to 60' much better then a 1.70.

I destroyed a bosch bypass my last pass and ran a 11.9@112 with like 5psi, lol.

Blown head gasket; ran a 11.39 that run, but doesn't really count for much as I wasn't at full power the whole pass. :(

It was nice getting to finally talk to a couple of you in person. Today was the first time I've gotten to talk to Matt for more than a sentence or two; really cool hanging out with you for a bit. Got to talk to Mike and rl more than I normally have too, which was cool.

I had neither a "Sam" or an "Andrew" show up today, so I'm going with the latter. ;)

COFBA ate enough of the cost today that we'll probably only have one track day next year. If we can't get at least 40 - 60 people to come and offset the price, it costs us money and that's no fun... :(

Looks like everyone can't be adults and we need to go to a "prepay system". How do you sign up and then not go....wow...we should send everyone who signed up then ditched a bill.

I also had a great time. Watched my brother & son (Marc) run, then I took a few passes in my "Vette". I was disappointed though =

* people signing up, saying there coming, will pay when they get there? Then NO SHOW.

* The aforementioned crap will eventually take a fun day like this, & we won't have it anymore!

* There's no reason COFBA should have to pay because folks give false promises & it takes time & effort to plan something like this -

* Going forward, I'd think COFBA & the organizers should get everyone's $$$$ a month before the event. That way they'd know if they have enough participants or not. People could still come to the gate, pay, & play / but initially there should be enuff cash to at least pay for the track - my .02

Additionally I was the only Corvette there. No team Z06 or anything. I did my best to give a decent showing for Team Z06, but my car is basically stock & not fast like Sams & the Dr's!

Oh by the way, for the guy's that slammed my brothers post a month ago (where he merely posted how his Kawasaki ran)? Of course none of those guys were there yesterday either, but just for the record / Jeff's best no nitrous or anything / was a 9.71 at 146 mph. Just ask one of the 40 or so fella's that were there.

Again, Thanks COFBA for hosting this & unfortunately for also paying for us few that said we'd come & did!

Because this is the second time it's happened, Sam. At least a phone call would have been nice. The majority of the other people contacted someone, and this isn't a reoccuring problem.

Due to this fact, COFBA had to shell out quite a chunk of money so that people could have a track day. This also means that unless we get pre-paid entries next year, one of the Norwalk days will be cancelled.

I'd heard your dad made you work. Fine, not a problem. Call me or someone next time and let us know. At least we'll get a price cut on having less people than anticipated.

This goes for everyone who signs up. So what was Andrew's reason?

Because this is the second time it's happened, Sam. At least a phone call would have been nice. The majority of the other people contacted someone, and this isn't a reoccuring problem.

Due to this fact, COFBA had to shell out quite a chunk of money so that people could have a track day. This also means that unless we get pre-paid entries next year, one of the Norwalk days will be cancelled.

I'd heard your dad made you work. Fine, not a problem. Call me or someone next time and let us know. At least we'll get a price cut on having less people than anticipated.

This goes for everyone who signs up. So what was Andrew's reason?

My bad on the no phone call. I really didnt have to work I just had to go driving around giving out a ton of estimates for work. Had to be done so that I could line everything up for next week. Andrew I think got called into work also, but dont hold me to that..

reoccuring instances,,,..... i remember last year I was going to head up with sam and a few others but the rain in the morning made us not go and didn't think you guys would race

http://www.fda.gov/cellphones/diagrams.gif

Again, don't assume anything unless you speak to someone personally. There was also an email sent out late the previous evening stating Norwalk was a go.

How difficult is any of this to comprehend? USE THE PHONE.

And Casey why dont you shut your face, some people had stuff that they had to do at the last minute.

If you weren't sure you could be there don't sign up - it's that simple.....or prepay so that Cofba does not eat it. I did not single you out either - there were 41 names on the list - 27 showed up - that means 14 people said they would be there and did not show. I was at the last 3 Cofba track days - I was not sure I could clear my schedule so I did not sign up. I just hate that a couple of the members here put in a lot of effort for it to cost Cofba money - does not make any sense. If Cofba had known only 27 cars would show I am certain it would have been cancelled.