Ride on 8/3????

xtremef4i

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it Sonovabeech ditched me too! Well, she just didn't meet us at Competition but I'll blame her as well :)

Yeah she did...

Did you finish the ride or hit 71 back with John early? If you finished what'd you think of the roads on past Caesars?

I did finish the ride, and am glad that I did!! I loved the road in Fort Ancient, it was so steep and twisty! One twist doubled back on itself so steeply that you could see where vehicles had bottomed out trying to go around it. Needless to say, I took it slow but the feeling of 2nd gear just lifting you up and up is amazing!! Also got air at the apex of one of the hills, which was a first for me. I don't know if I even realized it until my back wheel touched down, and then my front. Poor Jon was stuck behind me and I definitely slowed down after that. All in all, met some good people, tried some super fun roads, great day, thank you all!! And I think I worked on those chicken strips a little more so that's always good.

The strips definitely went away more by the end of the ride. Experiencing good roads a lot definitely develops the rider. :cool:

Going airborne is a crazy feeling huh? :lol:

I went airborne at about a buck 20 yesterday when we left springfield and playerpro/knodel got to see that one. Once I hit I backed off the throttle and thought,"holy shit, I was in the air." Then after 5 seconds of thinking I cracked it open again..lol. :cheers:

I had a blast, my neck is sore though. It always gets sore the day after a long ride. I have no idea why.

The strips definitely went away more by the end of the ride. Experiencing good roads a lot definitely develops the rider. :cool:

Going airborne is a crazy feeling huh? :lol:

I went airborne at about a buck 20 yesterday when we left springfield and playerpro/knodel got to see that one. Once I hit I backed off the throttle and thought,"holy shit, I was in the air." Then after 5 seconds of thinking I cracked it open again..lol. :cheers:

I had a blast, my neck is sore though. It always gets sore the day after a long ride. I have no idea why.

My neck does the same.

It's the riding position. Try sitting in your cube/office/work place and stare at the ceiling for 3 hours.

That was the first thing I noticed about it. Really took a bit to get used to coming off the 600RR. At times on some of the mountain roads it was unsettling expecting power to be there when you need it and not having it. I had to get used to keeping it around 10-11k to get anything out of it quickly.