MPG on your ride.

thorne

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for BuckeyeGT to post his numbers. The 50.6 lifetime for me is somewhat misleading since the car's just now getting broken in. Last three tanks have been 54/60/56.

I get close to 50... but I paid thousands less for my car :p

(a couple planned maint. items should put me over 50)

The better question is how MUCH do you drive. Some on here are in single digits, but if they never leave the house then they spend less on gas than we do.

The better question is how MUCH do you drive. Some on here are in single digits, but if they never leave the house then they spend less on gas than we do.

I do about 35-40 miles weekdays for my commute (Dublin/Delware). Curious what the "maintenance" items you have in mind are. Eli's taken a look under the hood and sees some possibilities for a CAI, and I know a couple of folks out in Cali are trying to figure out how to get a larger/less restrictive exhaust setup. Not too keen on taking the cat itself out, though. I'm still mixed on the K&N air filter... on the one hand, it seems like everyone loves them, but it apparently lets an awful lot of stuff through, too (see Tech help thread). I'll probably wait until next year before doing anything really major to it, assuming I don't get sidetracked buying a house or something like that.

I do about 35-40 miles weekdays for my commute (Dublin/Delware). Curious what the "maintenance" items you have in mind are. Eli's taken a look under the hood and sees some possibilities for a CAI, and I know a couple of folks out in Cali are trying to figure out how to get a larger/less restrictive exhaust setup. Not too keen on taking the cat itself out, though. I'm still mixed on the K&N air filter... on the one hand, it seems like everyone loves them, but it apparently lets an awful lot of stuff through, too (see Tech help thread). I'll probably wait until next year before doing anything really major to it, assuming I don't get sidetracked buying a house or something like that.

I think I sent you off on a tangent. I meant maintenance to my car, which is over 12 years old, not on a hybrid. Cat being one, I am almost sure it is overly restrictive with 170K on the odometer.

yeah the truck sits or is a trailer queen so its never sees roads. My work car a 94 Corolla Wagon gets around 28 with the AC on and loaded with copier parts. My 05 taco gets 21 and around 13 towing the trail rig.

Evan

I'm still waiting for BuckeyeGT to post his numbers. The 50.6 lifetime for me is somewhat misleading since the car's just now getting broken in. Last three tanks have been 54/60/56.

you got me beat... but i only paid $850 for my geo. so i still win the biggest jew award.

you got me beat... but i only paid $850 for my geo. so i still win the biggest jew award.

DarkFormula might have something to say about that ;) The aircraft carrier (my 96 Sable, all stock, 3.0 DOHC V6) averaged around 24 city/27 hwy when I unloaded it back in March with 125k on it. If I had the time, tools, space, and know-how, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten at least another 75k out of it, but alas, I have none of that, and reliability is a big thing for a one-vehicle apartment.

DarkFormula might have something to say about that ;) The aircraft carrier (my 96 Sable, all stock, 3.0 DOHC V6) averaged around 24 city/27 hwy when I unloaded it back in March with 125k on it. If I had the time, tools, space, and know-how, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten at least another 75k out of it, but alas, I have none of that, and reliability is a big thing for a one-vehicle apartment.

ants a close second. i might even be willing to call it a tie. i have him beat in nose size, cheapness, and geography. he may have an edge in the ancestry field.

with mixed driving I get around 28/29 in my car, seen as good as 32 but its still getting broken in with only 9,000 miles on the car. Her car see's an easy 44-45mpg hwy and 33-35 city, its great.

when I had the gtp i used to average 15-16 as well bill, and with running 93+ it sucked ass. but then again, i do miss the boost.

What's with everyone running 93/94? As I understand things, the added octane doesn't do anything for mileage, it's just an anti-knock enhancement. Do your engines actually require the stuff, or is there another reason for the pricey stuff?

What's with everyone running 93/94? As I understand things, the added octane doesn't do anything for mileage, it's just an anti-knock enhancement. Do your engines actually require the stuff, or is there another reason for the pricey stuff?

alot of engines do require it though, luxury vehicles and vehicles running boost usually do, and then some.

33/37 93' Corolla :woowoo:

15/22 88' SC MR2 (hopefully a little more with a new engine)