POST PICS and VIDS OF YOUR RIDE!!!!

SPLN SUX

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends know that I've struggled with it. A white non-sunroof 5-speed FD is one of the most rare and sought after versions right now and I think near stock good condition ones will only go up in value...but in the end it's not gonna be worth huge money so I'm going to enjoy it as I see fit.

Once the bar is in it and the decision is final I'll be fine and not look back.

I would to know what events you plan to go to this year so I can try to make them.

Sorry, but that FD is one of the hottest cars i've ever seen on CR. The thought of it getting wrecked makes me want to :barf:

I get it. I'm way more into these cars than is healthy. This one has a pretty much perfect interior too, but I also want to enjoy the car the way it should be which is driven to the fullest. I'll try to keep this one less Janky and out of the wall.

I would to know what events you plan to go to this year so I can try to make them.

I'm hoping to return in May or June, so I'll let you know.

I was going to put a list in that other thread but all you tards want to talk about is driving in a parking lot at slow speeds :D

MAY Damn it!

I was going to put a list in that other thread but all you tards want to talk about is driving in a parking lot at slow speeds :D

MAY Damn it!

I made a thread for HPDE discussion.

MAY Damn it!

Bring that turd to 1 autocross, I dare you ;)

I made a thread for HPDE discussion.

Thanks ROBOCHANDLER.

Bring that turd to 1 autocross, I dare you ;)

I admit I'd get skunked....and I actually did 2 or 3 of them last year with both the GT3 and the turbo I need a big shift in driving philosophy to be better through the cones.

If it fits in my schedule I may come out to something this year when you boys are at circleville or something.

I admit I'd get skunked....and I actually did 2 or 3 of them last year with both the GT3 and the turbo I need a big shift in driving philosophy to be better through the cones.

If it fits in my schedule I may come out to something this year when you boys are at circleville or something.

UFO and Porsche club doing Circleville on May 22nd. Fit it in to your schedule!!!

Sorry, but that FD is one of the hottest cars i've ever seen on CR. The thought of it getting wrecked makes me want to :barf:

The thought of someone with passion driving the hell out of it, like it's meant to be driven, should make you smile. The wreck part only happens occasionally and is just a consequence of all the fun when one day something goes a wee-bit wrong. Good news is when that happens you get to start over :gabe:

The thought of someone with passion driving the hell out of it, like it's meant to be driven, should make you smile. The wreck part only happens occasionally and is just a consequence of all the fun when one day something goes a wee-bit wrong. Good news is when that happens you get to start over :gabe:

+1. I had a car once that was soo perfect I never drove it, just stared at it in the garage and wiped it down with a diaper.

I was so mind fucked about keeping it perfect that I didn't enjoy it like it was meant to be enjoyed which is why I eventually sold it.

I cannot agree more.

Chatbox can attest to my rants over 993 owners limp-dicking around town "driving Miss Daisy". Seriously, I don't think i've ever seen a 993 driven harder then my Grandmother drives her Oldmobile. Fucking Stoobid.

Also, I didn't quite get the fact that Chris is a boss-level race car instructor. Makes me feel alot better.

Which brings up the question: are those cars really that epic on the track? I know the power comes on strong up in the RPM band, which is a blast, but how well do they handle? Just dont seem to see them being tracked much, then again you don't seem to see them anymore period :(

And where would you suggest looking for one? Like a clean, non-molested example - none of that wack ricer crap. They seem damn near impossible to find.

And to clear up any confusion this post was directed towards Aaron's post, Not Smokey's (he snuck in and posted as I was replying)

Which brings up the question: are those cars really that epic on the track? I know the power comes on strong up in the RPM band, which is a blast, but how well do they handle? Just dont seem to see them being tracked much, then again you don't seem to see them anymore period :(

I know a lot of the FD guys that have experience with both are very keen on both the FD and the different 911 variants. This is from a pretty experienced member who has had a few cars:

Yep sti, evo etc... drive themselves. Similar to a 911 if you learn to drive the FD beyond the limit it will reward you big time but be prepared to go off the track a few times LOL.

The sports cars I've owned in order of driving experience or fun factor:

FD

997.1 GT3 RS

997.1 GT3

996 GT3

Cayman

S2K

300 ZX

280 Z

First day in the snow. Blizzak LM-32's did a great job but it's still so dang easy to drive it like a RWD Car and hang it's ass end out there it's still hard to believe........and fun as hell :p

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah133/PDQS4/OY6A4403%20copy%20web%20smaller_zps01blyqgd.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U

I wasn't upset at the wrecking comment. I killed the last one at the track and accept that's a possibility for the new one. Let just hope this one makes it 7+ years of track use like the old one first.

Not that they're so epic, but they are a great driving/handling car. My old car at 320whp and 2800lbs was shockingly down Power wise compared to newer sports cars (GT3s, Zo6s, etc). Shit I had a guy in a Cayman run me down the back straight once. I'd also say that they can punch way above their weight class when it comes to money in that I can regularly beat 80% of the GT3s I come across and I'm not having to risk a $70k-$140k car on the track to do it.

That being said, it's a labor of love as tracking one brings out all of the faults of running a 21 year old Mazda at the track and can be really frustrating. Probably why you don't see many tracked anymore. If you want simple, fast, and reasonably cheap in a track car there's only one real choice...C5Zo6

We've gone way off topic in this thread...but what the hell I'll go one more.

I've never driven a front engine, rear drive car that has driving dynamics closer to a 911 than the FD...which is a great thing. Only difference is you can lift mid corner in an FD and not spin like a 911 :-) I'm sure some of that is setup that Chris worked on forever but it makes for a car that punches way above it's league at the track.

Noteables that I've tracked that I'd pick the FD over:

C5 Z06

E36 M3

E46 M3

997 Turbo

• Casper unpinned this topic