Post your best slip from today

Amy

Today was awesome! There was a good turn out with a lot of great people.

Glad I got to help out with the events and Rigby thanks for letting me taking down the R1!! Also taking a ride in the badass Trans Am seeing ground.. then sky! Awesome.

Glad everyone had a blast.. !! Now post up your times.

The Benz went 16.0 @ 89 mph hahah so sad for my little V6 lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best was a 13.075 @ 104.74 1.776 60 ft. :mad:

rt .418

60 1.776

330 5.399

1/8 8.379

mph 83.52

1000 10.93

1/4 13.075

mph 104.74

That is going into fifth at the 1000ft mark, I miss the 5 spd in a WRX for drag racing, 1 less shift. :cry:

I suck.

13.3 something @ 102 with a shitty 2.0 something 60'.

Last September I was running 13.03 @ 104 with a better 60' and I didn't have a cam :(

Oh well, there's always next time.

Did I get the loudest car award? :lol:

First pass off of the trailer with my street tires. spun a little. spun hard the next pass so I switched to my ET drags. Funny thing is my best 60' was a 1.56 with Amy in the car LOL

60 1.595

330 4.637

1/8 7.178

mph 96.62

1000 9.385

1/4 11.249

mph 121.05

This was the third time I have been out this year and the car was off maybe it was the heat but i ran .2 tenth faster the other times and was trapping 123. I want to get the car in the tens on motor before i put the nitrous kit back on. this is the first time in 4 years the car has been off the bottle. the car is setup for nitrous so the converter is to tight and the gear to tall on motor. I'll pull the plugs and do a leakdown test tonight theres only 500 miles on the new engine so its still "tight". Ill probably go out and run the car tuesday or wedsnday at dragway 42.

First pass off of the trailer with my street tires. spun a little. spun hard the next pass so I switched to my ET drags. Funny thing is my best 60' was a 1.56 with Amy in the car LOL

See it was the luck of a mustang owner hah :-P j/k Thanks again that thing was badass!!

Wow! What a great day for racing! Maybe a little too hot, though- lol

Anthony, thank you for planning such a great event! CR is a wonderful group, and I enjoyed myself emensly today. Nice lunch- too! :)

Just couldn't get the GN to hook today-

My best run:

60' - 1.72

330'- 5.00

1/8- 7.75

MPH- 89.40

1000-10.14

1/4- 12.19

MPH- 111.38

Thanks everyone- Joe :)

Today was awesome! There was a good turn out with a lot of great people.

Glad I got to help out with the events and Rigby thanks for letting me taking down the R1!! Also taking a ride in the badass Trans Am seeing ground.. then sky! Awesome.

Glad everyone had a blast.. !! Now post up your times.

The Benz went 16.0 @ 89 mph hahah so sad for my little V6 lol

The Benz only went 16s? Hmm... is there something wrong with it? lol I dunno what they are supposed to do but my Neon went low 15s...

The Benz only went 16s? Hmm... is there something wrong with it? lol I dunno what they are supposed to do but my Neon went low 15s...

I got $20 on the Benz VS Scion from a roll ;)

Factory Torque management traction control = gay

These are highway cars..

Overall, I'm unsure about how today went for me. Since going to trails 2 weeks ago, I lost 60 pounds of rotating weight and got better tires on the car. However when I went to trails it was 10 degrees cooler and certainly did not feel as humid. I was hoping for a 10 second pass today. :( But I was spinning pretty bad in 1st and even 2nd was REALLY bad for me.

Here is what I got 2 weeks ago and today.

Trails Norwalk Today

60' 2.006 1.959

330' 5.061 5.029

1/8 7.464 7.445

MPH 105.39 101.16

1/4 11.200 11.289

MPH 129.69 129.10

Trying to figure out why my MPH was 4 lower in the 1/8th today but my 1/4 MPH was almost the same. Really strange.

I really want to get the car to the strip on a cooler day, the supercharger really didn't like the weather today.

Jason

R/T .178

60 1.792

330 5.121

1/8 7.886 @ 90.58

100 10.308

1/4 12.334 @ 111.42

My Nittos are officially toast now...too bad my new wheels didn't come in time to put my new MT ET Streets on. My 60s were all over the place today as was my MPH 109 to 114. Couldn't find any consistency today at all.

It was a great event though!

...and the track should look fantastic by the time the construction is finished

10.91 @ 127.63

Been to norwalk a ton of times this was the worst i have ever 60 there. other then that.

It was a great day good people really nice cars.

Anthony thanks for the lunch and a great day.

Look forward to the next one.

11.3x@125.xx, 1.7x 60' banging the rev limiter after spinning through 1st and part of 2nd, then chirping the limiter going into 3rd. I picked up 31mph on the last half that run.

The car runs fantastic thanks to the mechanical work done by IPS, the tuning done by John Rutan and Randy Barch, the 2nd half of the fuel system done by me. I cannot keep the power to the ground, even on ET Streets at 10psi. The car is amazing, even with how hot and humid it was today.

I have a line on some ET Drags, so we'll try this again in cooler weather with better traction.

And to everyone on CR and who attended, it was my pleasure. Today turned out great, I was not stressed like last time, and look forward to the fall event, $320 in pizza or not :D

I thought the track was slick also, Even with AWD, I had the tires breaking loose. I saw ANthony on one pass get loose each time he shifted down the track. I think I could have hit high 12s if I could pull a low 1.7 or high 1.6 60 foot time. Like everyone else said it was fun. there were times I went down the track to go back around and get to the line and there was no waiting! I'm in for the fall, maybe I'll get 4 drag radials....

I thought the track was slick also, Even with AWD, I had the tires breaking loose....

We had similar traction problems at our NRP rental on Monday. The track definitely wasn't up to normal NRP standards. By about half way through, there was nothing left in terms of traction.

Congrats to all on the times :)

I had two passes where I was in and out of throttle through three gears, spinning and sideways each time, finally straightened out and kept in it the top of third, and got got loose AGAIN going into 4th (overdrive). I managed an 11.8x@102.x that pass :o

Mike, Ray (koolrayz) and I approached Nettie about the traction issues, and were pretty much blown off and told there was nothing wrong. We had the same problem last fall.

Honestly, I'm gonna look at the other tracks around the state and compare pricing, because this is getting too commonplace with what was the best hooking track I'd ever been to. We had VHT to the 330' twice today in both lanes.

I wonder if they put Mop n' glow down instead of VHT?

I can normally roll out of the launch about 10 feet and floor it. I tried that today and spun every time. Last September I was getting good low 1.9's and a few 1.8 60's. Not today. Not even close. I wonder if them changing over to Summit race park had anything to do with it.

Ant.. how many pizzas were left? That's probably the most retarded amount of pizza's I've seen at one location at a time..