Post your best slip from today

Amy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car runs fantastic thanks to the mechanical work done by IPS, the tuning done by John Rutan and Randy Barch, the 2nd half of the fuel system done by me. I cannot keep the power to the ground, even on ET Streets at 10psi. The car is amazing, even with how hot and humid it was today.

Glad we got everything worked out in time and nice to hear she did well -- congrats on the times :)

Jeff

It felt like drag racing on ice once I put the slicks on. I was able to pull out an 11.6 and an 11.9 while trying not to go completely sideways.

If you looked at the track real close toward the end you could see squiggly tire marks all over the place

Guest Scoobysnack

Previous best at Trails:

8-7-2004

R/T - .594

60’ – 1.884

330 – 5.611

1/8 – 8.745 @ 78.64

1000 – 11.406

¼ - 13.693 @ 97.38

Best two today:

R/T - .408

60’ – 1.908

300’ – 5.619

1/8 – 8.716 @ 80.83

1000’ – 11.353

¼ - 13.613 @ 100.18

R/T - .020

60’ – 2.126

300’ – 5.788

1/8 – 8.836 @ 81.71

1000’ – 11.455

¼ - 13.697 – 101.07

Wasn't overly happy with the way the track felt or how I was doing off the line.

Mike, Ray (koolrayz) and I approached Nettie about the traction issues, and were pretty much blown off and told there was nothing wrong. We had the same problem last fall.

Honestly, I'm gonna look at the other tracks around the state and compare pricing, because this is getting too commonplace with what was the best hooking track I'd ever been to. We had VHT to the 330' twice today in both lanes.

Kilkare is the only person that you need to call... Its easy to get to, track is prepped good.

The Benz only went 16s? Hmm... is there something wrong with it? lol I dunno what they are supposed to do but my Neon went low 15s...

No its just a 4 door.. heavy heavy car. :-) Plus I wasnt the run racing it Rigsby was.. I wa son his R1 while he was beating the shit out of my Benz haha :-) Good good times though lol

I also found out that I can run a 14.2 @ 99 full loaded. (two tires in the trunk, heavy ass jack, tools, cooler and other junk and my wife in the car). I had a 2.4 60' on that run. :lol:

Guest CRUZTAKER

Consistant 12.7's all day. 4/10's slower from the norm. I'm blaming weather and perhaps track prep, as I too had oddly high 60' times.

Thanks for everything, had a great day even though I sent the motor to heavan on the last pass.

+1 for Edgewater

+1 for Kilkare

both tracks are great. I perfer the lay out and overall apperance of Edgewater over Kilkare, but Kilkare is a tad closer.

I will say overall, Edgewater is my favorite track in Ohio. Always has been.

Next time, plan the track day when it's going to be 70 and not so humid. Why you planned it on a 80+ and Humid day is beyond me. :D:D

Jason

I planned it last December when they called me and said, when?

I would have taken an April day, but most people are still working on their cars from over the winter.

Yes, blower guys were having trouble yesterday with power due to the weather and the traction issues. We still rock, though :)

I planned it last December when they called me and said, when?

I would have taken an April day, but most people are still working on their cars from over the winter.

Yes, blower guys were having trouble yesterday with power due to the weather and the traction issues. We still rock, though :)

Would not have mattered since the BuckeyeGoats rental that was for mid-April was move to June 4th because the track itself was not ready. I just can't wait to see how hot June 4 is going to be. :(

Fuck it, let's just build our own track :grin2:

I'll spot $50. :)

Well, the Speed 3 was less than impressive yesterday, but since everyone else appears to feel the same I'm gonna blame track prep. It was my first time taking it to the track, so I'm sure my lack of control of the launch is a big thing to, but I just couldn't get a solid 60' time really. And they sure as hell weren't consistant. My best 60' was 2.29, worst was 2.57. And my trap was everywhere as well. The two most interesting slips were:

R/T .484 .375

60' 2.291 2.401

330 6.354 6.486

1/8 9.571 9.707

MPH 76.91 76.83

1000 12.330 12.464

1/4 14.662 14.793

MPH 96.10 98.46

I know usually more wheelspin on the launch accounts for some difference, but almost 2.5 mph? The speed was almost the same at the 1/8, so it must be a 4th-5th issue I might need to work on.

-Kevin

Concrete guy, come build us a track :D

Anthony's observations on times after looking at his slips:

• I have no traction
  • I have a rev limiter
  • The car picks up 31mph on the back half
  • The car's best 1/8 mile was 6.8@106, but got floaty and I let out to a 11.8@102
  • Superchargers don't like heat and humidity
  • ET Streets @ 10psi that don't hook hold the track prep to blame

That is all :)

Guest wide open
Nobody wanted to listen to me that the Fall event had HORRIBLE traction. I honestly hooked better on the street than I did in either lane last year.

Buck531 and I said the very same thing yesterday.

Concrete guy, come build us a track :D

Anthony's observations on times after looking at his slips:

• The car's best 1/8 mile was 6.8@106, but got floaty and I let out to a 11.8@102

That is all :)

welcome to the world of slicks. wait and see how it feels at 140mph LOL

Nobody wanted to listen to me that the Fall event had HORRIBLE traction. I honestly hooked better on the street than I did in either lane last year.

I wanted to go today so bad. :):(

Yea, I believe I said the same thing last fall. It was my first time at Norwalk, and I wasn't overly impressed with the prep work. I still had a blast though.

The best hooking track i've been to yet (only been to trails and NRP) was trails on the nite of King of Columbus (sucks balls any other time). The track was prepped super good that night. I was launching at 3k and still bogging off the line. Suprised the heck out of me. Managed my best 60' I've had in the car (stock tires) with a low 1.9 time. I only managed a few 1.9's when I went to NRP.

Doesn't really matter to me which track we go to in the fall. I'm in either way. :D

Well my best pass was a sloppy 1.9 60' 11.82 at 119. I know that they stock Z06 is supposed to have like 125mph in the 1/4 and should run a bit faster in the 11's. I had lots of traction issues.

I tried no water box and water box burn outs. I had one run that I litterly blew the tires off all of 1st and all of 2nd... then just shifted out and drove off.

I think I get better traction on the street; however, I did get my car into the 11's so I am happy about that and I did have a good time! Thanks for organizing the event and the pizza!

I tried no water box and water box burn outs. I had one run that I litterly blew the tires off all of 1st and all of 2nd... then just shifted out and drove off.

DO NOT do a burnout on dry tires at the track. Great way to split a casing in half.

My track burnout procedure that hasn't failed me yet (synopsis of Ranger from CorvetteForums write-up):

1. pull around water box so front tires stay dry

2. back into water box with rear tires only

3. Put car in 1st, spin tires one or two revolutions to lightly coat in water.

4. pull out of waterbox to prevent excess water from splashing onto your fenderwell, and then falling on your tires during your run.

5. Put car in 2nd gear. Get RPMs up a good ways and drop the hammer.

6. Immediately apply LIGHT pressure to the brake pedal with your left foot while adjusting RPM/tirespeed with your throttle.

7. Continue your burnout until you've got a decent cloud of smoke going.

8. When you feel RPMs begin to drop/tires start to grab, release the brake and roll out of it like a badass.

9. Flex muscles for all the cameras that are surely pointed at you and your car.

10. ????????

11. Profit

http://smiliesftw.com/x/jerkbowdown.gif

P.S - If it starts to wheel hop, get your foot off the throttle. http://smiliesftw.com/x/squint.gif

I don't know what all the GM guys are bitching about the Vert pulled a 1.70 60' on burnt up drag radials. The best 60' ever with it. Best pass of the day with it as a 12.12 at 114. The best pass of the zx12 was dad at 185lbs. 10.33 at 136 with 1.88 60' and then with my 310lbs. 10.65 at 133 with a 1.86 60' , though I did pull a 1.82 60' and ran a 10.70 at 133. thanks Ant for setting it up i had a blast and was able to get over 16 runs on the bike myself.