Have you ever passed on a deal?

wnaplay1647545503

I constantly look for so called deals. I have found many but its getting a little out of hand. I just found a 95 chevy 1500, that has minor issues other than maybe needing a tranny for $500. I have been looking for a new truck since I sold my other one last year. The BMV loves me.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/S4022153.jpg

even though sometimes a price may look like a steal, i always take a step back and think "what else could i buy with $XXXX" and realize that sometimes not spending money at all is the better deal

I try to consider everything an investment in some strange way. I wont buy anything(splurge) unless I know at the drop of a hat I can double my money in an emergency. I try to buy stuff I can make 3x's my money if I want to wait out the sale.

If its a car and its a good deal theres a reason. Thats at least what I know about them. Unless you know 100% what you getting and what your going to do with it and worthless shit talk doesn't = reason to buy a car. I just go by that rule and save lots of money.

Evan

If its a car and its a good deal theres a reason. Thats at least what I know about them. Unless you know 100% what you getting and what your going to do with it and worthless shit talk doesn't = reason to buy a car.

Evan

I disagree. For instance, I purchased a 94 del sol as my daily driver for $500. It has run flawlessly for a long time now. I could tell you of at least 5 other things I have purchased that are similar situations. If you go into something with an opened mind and some knowledge of what your buying, you usually come out ahead. I (so far) have not had a bad experience with anything I consider buying for a deal.

I disagree. For instance, I purchased a 94 del sol as my daily driver for $500. It has run flawlessly for a long time now. I could tell you of at least 5 other things I have purchased that are similar situations. If you go into something with an opened mind and some knowledge of what your buying, you usually come out ahead. I (so far) have not had a bad experience with anything I consider buying for a deal.

+1, just gotta know how to fix things and how things are done.

+1, just gotta know how to fix things and how things are done.

Hey I dont consider myself a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, however I have eyes and ears that I can use to help make an informed decision. I always try to remember theres nothing I can fuck up that cant be fixed or replaced.;)

Hey I have a build your own bike kit posted up in the swap meet. If your looking.

nah, just sold my bike a few weeks ago, I'm trying to buy a home in the next month or so and I'm so close to the 20% down so I'm trying to squeeze out some more cash.

I try to consider everything an investment in some strange way. I wont buy anything(splurge) unless I know at the drop of a hat I can double my money in an emergency. I try to buy stuff I can make 3x's my money if I want to wait out the sale.

this is exactly how i think... and has proved to work every time.

when im on craigslist thats the only way i browse

the one thing to remember about cars is after they roll off the showroom floor, they're basically junk. All you're ever going to do with it is spend more money to make it run like it should; you're never going to be able to do anything to it that will make it impervious to the road. Even if you do buy a car that runs flawlessly, its just another vehicle that needs registered, insurance, oil changes, new tires after XXXX amount of miles, needs to be washed, etc. They all cost money, even if they are just standard upkeep. It takes a long time to recoup gas money saved as a result of buying a gas-saver because you have to put up $xxx up front to get the car, then put $xxx into fixing or making sure it doesnt break.

Passed up a 6/4 DSM with a bad tranny, the kid with the iMark bought it instead. I was so close that I even had my checkbook in my hand, and I was ready to write it. The reason I didn't buy it is because the guy that was selling it was extremely honest with me about what was wrong with it. Had I had another week or so to think about it, I probably would have still bought it after building up some funds.