Nascar!!!! Are you kidding me

Drewhop

Your not helping the argument Scott.... look at your username :D:D

Name aside, it is and has been a "REDNECK" sport due to the fact it goes back to the days of bootleg shine/alcohol running, and developed from there. But honestly most white collar folks are into it aswell. It's probably 2nd most popular sport in America next to football. Where else will you see crazy wrecks, and guys talk that you can barely understand sometimes go 180+ around a track 2inches apart? :D I too am a NASCAR lover.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got your back Scott... I too am a nascar lover too!!!

Now the gordon issue... that is a diff. story...you can not let that happen!! :p

But if he wants to be a harvick fan that is just fine!!

Earnhardt Jr. :thumbup: We're a minority on this board being NASCAR lovers. :( (Not a bandwagon fan, liked both Jr. and Stewart before they really got good and consitant)

I admit I catch myself watching it from time to time. Some people see endless laps. I see strategy and skill. When do you change tires, when do you get gas, do I pass him high or low, do I pass him now or wait until he pits.

It's a lot more complicated than what people think. I usually see when its on and watch the last 30 minutes. Then you get all the highlights and crazy last minute maneuvers in under an hour.

Our daily routine consist of him going to babysitter from 9-5 he plays outside almost all day. After i pick him up we usally get baseball gloves and go outside and play catch for about an hour or until he gets to hyper to keep focused. Then he goes in and asks if he can watch monster trucks. If its not on he watches nascar until supper is ready then snuggles his mom. Then we work with his Numbers and alphabets and he goes to sleep.

I posted a respone a page ago that said this entire post was made up to get people riled up. It worked and i am still being entertained.

I work with NASCAR teams, go to the races, spends weeks testing with them at their shops, and I still think it sucks. I may even get an opportunity to work for RYR-Roush soon. Yes I dislike it, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm good at what I do and cup teams have a lot of money to spend. :)

This is why I'm hot...

http://photos-224.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v96/125/6/515552224/n515552224_73281_9547.jpg

Standing on pit road during Cup qualifying.

Earnhardt Jr. :thumbup: We're a minority on this board being NASCAR lovers. :( (Not a bandwagon fan, liked both Jr. and Stewart before they really got good and consitant)

Yep, I have been a harvick fan since day one. I like jr as well but sometimes he can be just a little to commerical for me!! Was sad to see him miss the chase!!! Next year should be better for him. Now Tony Stewart, I could do without him! I'm a huge football fan so right now is tough for me...I usually take the tv out of the den and put it in the living room so I can watch both! :)

Nascar isn't a sport, and people don't watch it to enjoy racing, they watch to see wrecks and be 'social'. Show them Rally or Speed World Challenge, and they wont care. The other kids watch NASCAR, so the lad wants to watch it too. Just be sure he knows it isn't real, and that Papa France lets whoever he wants to win cheat.

Nascar isn't a sport, and people don't watch it to enjoy racing, they watch to see wrecks and be 'social'. Show them Rally or Speed World Challenge, and they wont care. The other kids watch NASCAR, so the lad wants to watch it too. Just be sure he knows it isn't real, and that Papa France lets whoever he wants to win cheat.
what? dude your full of it. go find a nascar fan that does'nt enjoy watching nascar, rally and worls challenge? that does'nt even go on in this counrty,this is America we watch stock car racing

When it comes to auto racing My first love is road racing...esp production car classes and grass roots efforts, then motorcycle road racing, BUT I have watched NASCAR for over 20 years now....We can bitch all we want about overexposure compared to the other series that we all love...but watching racing of any sort > most of the other programming on TV.

I think that if you get even somewhat interested in NASCAR that it has a bit of a soap-opera effect to where you almost have to tune into the next installment of the series to see how story lines progress.

Andy

p.s....what do you guys think of this look for the Porsche?

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ZainoDetail/budporsche.jpg

Gordon is mostly who I could do without. I like Stewart cause he's a bit of a cocky asshole, and can be quite a douche to people. If I were a NASCAR driver, I would be the same way :D

Yeah Gordon is sort of special right???!!! Stewart is way more than just a bit cocky, and he is a big asshole. I keep waiting for him to win a race climb the fence and fall flat on his ass. That would make my whole year! :)

Wow, nascar not a sport........ you may not like it but no need to hate so much!!! Just my .02... I watch because i like the dynamics of the SPORT... I dont like to see wrecks due to the fact that I dont want to see anyone hurt. Not so sure what the 'social' part means..but anyways. And i'm sorry what is not real?? But hey i'm not trying to argue, everyone has their likes and dislikes. To each their own!!!