Christmas Party 12/27 - Who's coming and what are you bringing?

Casper

Christmas Party - Are you coming?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Christmas Party - Are you coming?

i2christmas_tree.png

Ohio Riders Christmas Party

Saturday Dec 27th

Knights of Columbus

4217 E Main St

Columbus, OH 43213

Map

Special thanks to cmoosego, we'll be able having our Christmas party at the Knights of Columbus in Whitehall. This is open to family and friends, not just Ohio Riders members.

The party will start at 6PM and go until whenever they kick us out.

They have a pool table, foosball table, dart board, etc. Even bingo pull-offs for you old farts! Haha! If anyone has a set of cornhole boards they want to bring, sweet.

There will be a cash bar. No alcohol is to be brought with you. Beer is $1.50 and top shelf mixed drinks are $3.75. That's cheap. Real cheap. Food and other drinks will be potluck style. I'm bringing my chili. Mmmmm..... Bring chips, soda, main dishes, whatever. I have been requested to ask Princess Pratt to bring meatballs again.

We will be having a white elephant gift exchange. If you're interested in playing, please bring a wrapped gift worth no more than $10. If you don't know what a white elephant gift exchange is, click here. There will be a game involved.....

Again, bring NO alcohol. No drugs. Sorry stoners, but this is the KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS. Don't be stupid about this. Also, smoking is outside only. So, those are the rules. All I ask is for everyone to respect the people and the place. Anyone breaking the rules will be asked to leave by a really big mean guy who can crush you. His name is Bubba and he might even take you out back and make you squeal like a pig. So please, just don't break the rules.

:lol:

For the out of towners, a list of hotels can be found here. I'm not sure about the hotels located right there. You might want to check out any ratings or whatever you can find. If I find a good deal at a decent hotel, I'll be sure to post it up.

PS: For those who saw the original post with a different date, just kidding. This is the real date. :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

We need a rough headcount of how many people are coming and what kind of food you plan on bringing.

And Justin from Cycle Search says he's going to do a little something special for everyone there.

I'm bringing my infamous chili and something else. Not sure what else yet. I'll bring cheese and cornbread for the chili. I'll also have bowls and spoons. And forks.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be there. i will bring the little lady with me too (and by that i dont mean cdubya but he is coming too :lol:) .

as a dish to bring...... im leaning towards baking cookies unless she gets the urge to do her cheese dip stuff that is amazing.

Deer jerky! Do it!

i would if i could, i had a neck left from the last one that i was planning on making jerky out of at some point in time but i lost it when the hurricane came through town :mad: but i may enter the chili contest with some deer chili;) i should have enough hamburger meat for it.

I was going to do some BBQ ribs but it sounds like we already have lots of meats... so I might just do some cheese potatoes or something like that. If anybody really wants ribs though I can do them.

i would if i could, i had a neck left from the last one that i was planning on making jerky out of at some point in time but i lost it when the hurricane came through town :mad: but i may enter the chili contest with some deer chili;) i should have enough hamburger meat for it.

Bummer!

I am coming with the wifey and the kid and another nerdy (:beating:oops!!) single lady may join us too ;).

I will bring a large tray of spicy ground beef and pasta dish, usually in a potluck it feeds 50+ people. I will bring forks, paperplates and naps as well.

Oh....OK....I am then bringing some "Bottom Tickler Fire Alarm Chili" along with the pasta dish....

btw cooking is a serious hobby of mine......

Edited by Kosmo