Had some of my wisdom teeth pulled today

V8 Beast

I've only heard bad stories from people about getting wisdom teeth out. I had mine out when I was 17 or 18, don't really remember. It was about as easy and painless as possible. I got 4 shots, they pulled them out, put in some stitches, and I was eating solid food for dinner a couple hours later, no pain meds or anything. Sucks you guys all got them ripped from you while basically conscious.

I still have all 4 of mine. I have had 4 other teeth pulled out though before I had braces. This was in middle school. The shots didn't help much. I can remember feeling the tooth being removed...

Speaking of wisdom teeth I have a crown on one of mine. That was a fucking bitch and a half sitting though... =(

I had mine out about 2 years ago. My parents and girlfriend told me it was cake. They put me under, I made sure of it. I woke up, and man did it suck. Doc said it was really hard to take them out and that I would be in a lot of pain, and I was. But I got through it, and its a thing of the past.

Its one of those things you really should get done, but sucks.

Got rid of it HOW exactly? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?;)

My mom 'disposed' of it by smashing it up in a ziploc bag, putting water in it, then throwing away the mix. I think that's how you're supposed to dispose of that stuff.

My wife works for OMSC

http://www.oral-surgery.cc/

Great doctor, typically covered by dental insurance, but always depends on your coverage. My wife works at the Lewis Center location. If anyone needs help, let me know and I'll see what strings I can pull. May not be able to get $ off......but probably can help you move up in line.

My wife works for OMSC

http://www.oral-surgery.cc/

Great doctor, typically covered by dental insurance, but always depends on your coverage. My wife works at the Lewis Center location. If anyone needs help, let me know and I'll see what strings I can pull. May not be able to get $ off......but probably can help you move up in line.

My wife just told me that her practice uses them. I'll have to call and set an appointment to get the other 2 pulled.

• 6 months later...
I just finished up my infected double root canal today. Talk about some pain. I did the first part of the procedure 2 weeks ago, then went back today for the rest. The infection wasnt totally gone so the dentist just cut it out. OUCH!!! I felt it even with the 6 shots of novicaine.

I have the same problem, my mouth will not numb. Then I met my current dentist, he is super old school. Aparently they drugs they use have to be injected almost into the nerve, if your nerve isn't where it is in a text book, you will have this problem. So it took him like 45 minutes and several attempts but it was the first time I ever had no pain in the chair.

The drugs dont work well on me either because I had so much infected tissue around mine. I just had 2 pulled because they cracked in half and was causing a lot of pain.

So it was just novacaine when they pulled mine but it actually felt so much better to have them out, the swelling from the bad teeth was actually pushing all my other teeth forward and infecting my gums.

So I was good like a day later, because it was actually pain going away when they pulled them