What American accent do you have?

ImUrOBGYN

Was pretty suprised how well it picked me. I've lived in quite a few different places, Texas and California being the states I've spent the most time in. It's funny, my gf and I were just talking about accents yesterday and I we both commented how I have verbal tendencies from different areas of the US. Then, I happened to come across this real quick, yet interesting test. I was very careful how I answered each one and put some thought into it.

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

Here's mine.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I didn't get the chart on here but my West and South bars were much higher than the rest.

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

was funny, when i was in FL in july, i was told i have an accent from "up north". i dont think i have an accent from anywhere, but then again, im sure people from Bastan, MA say the same thing...lol

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

was funny, when i was in FL in july, i was told i have an accent from "up north". i dont think i have an accent from anywhere, but then again, im sure people from Bastan, MA say the same thing...lol

My families from Long Island, NY. everyone thinks we have an accent except me of course. wtf?

Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

My Southern was very high...almost as high as midland.

The West Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

Interesting...

Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."