well..my build begins

Guest tbutera2112

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i cant wait until next year when i post a video of firing it up the first time to shove in your face...if you dont have anything postiive to say, then maybe you should stop posting...i already read that you think its a bad idea pages ago when you first posted, put hearing it the second time has COMPLETELY changed my view on the whole project! thank you so much for saving me so much time and money kirk, what would i ever do without you

oh and even if i add another 20% to my total costs, it will STILL be finished next year at some point...kthanksbye

meh, whatever. i love how people spend every last penny they earn on their cars, not taking into account unforseen things that can happen in life--

i personally don't care what you do with the car, i was just giving advice. if you don't like it, ignore it and move on. the thread was brought back from the dead, and guess what, you really haven't made significant progress. people won't say 'you ruined the car'---christ, its a GT.

chad's turbo kit $1800

supporting mods/tuning $1200

set it at low boost, and then go aluminator or whatever once funds allow--$4000

at least you'll have a running car

if you're dead set on a big block car, then so be it. you'll be so 'original'.

Guest tbutera2112
I'm with Kirk 100% and I STILL don't see why you would want to waste the time to put a big block in it unless you're going to run some serious (read: sub 9s) numbers.

that is the eventual plan, but not by next year by any means

Guest tbutera2112
I read about 1/3 of this thread, and that's enough.

I am going to bet this kid still lives with his parents. He needs to worry about going to school and making something of himself, rather than dumping money into a ragged out, salvage Mustang.

and yes i do live at home, hence why i have hardly any bills...im in school and doing good and wil be getting a degree by early 2010...and i really dont care what you think i should be doing with my money or with my car, because its not your shit to make decisions with

its like a broken record in this fuckin thread....everyone who posts from here out should go to the first few pages and copy paste what you posted before to save some time typing, becasue some people obviously feel that they need to give their opinion, but it doesnt matter what any of you guys say because i really couldnt give a fuck

Or maybe you should step back and realize that a lot of us have been there and done that and think over our opinions a little more.

In two years when the car is still slow I'll make sure to post "we told you so".

To each his own, prove me wrong, prove me right, careface.

Guest tbutera2112
I still cant figure out why Ford failed with the 4.6. Lots of folks make good power on a 2V 4.6. Hell why dont you swap a 5.4 Lightning motor in it and use a turbo with a low profile intake hat.

as a factory design the 2v heads are complete junk compared to the 4v heads which ford is capable of making.... a full bolt on, forged bottom end, h/c/i 2v motor is still making less than 350hp at the wheels due to the shitty heads choking the motor....anything is possible to make power with, it just costs money... built bottom end, and lots of boost, followed by turbo/blower cams and a nice set of heads and an intake, plus supporting fuel mods....i have no desire to drop 12 grand into the car just to run low 11s

i did conisider a 5.4, but i was going to do that i would prefer the navigator motor over the lightning...but looking at cost vs gain i decided the BB would be a better choice... this is a complete budget build for now...once the motor is in the car its not going to be very fast...im only aiming for 12s... and yea thats a lot of time and money to run 12s when i could slap some spray onto the motor i have now and run 12s, but sometime down the line i want to get a better motor built to put in, and in that case i will already have a vehicle that is setup for a direct swap

as a factory design the 2v heads are complete junk compared to the 4v heads which ford is capable of making.... a full bolt on, forged bottom end, h/c/i 2v motor is still making less than 350hp at the wheels due to the shitty heads choking the motor....anything is possible to make power with, it just costs money... built bottom end, and lots of boost, followed by turbo/blower cams and a nice set of heads and an intake, plus supporting fuel mods....i have no desire to drop 12 grand into the car just to run low 11s

i did conisider a 5.4, but i was going to do that i would prefer the navigator motor over the lightning...but looking at cost vs gain i decided the BB would be a better choice... this is a complete budget build for now...once the motor is in the car its not going to be very fast...im only aiming for 12s... and yea thats a lot of time and money to run 12s when i could slap some spray onto the motor i have now and run 12s, but sometime down the line i want to get a better motor built to put in, and in that case i will already have a vehicle that is setup for a direct swap

12 grand????? Dude i had a built Lightning Motor with 2v heads for half what you say it would cost. Why dont you look into making the car lighter than blame 2v heads which plenty of people have great sucess with. Dude i hand ported my heads ( which yes saved me soem cash) and these heads are not even close to what you say they are, yes the 4v will outlfow a 2v stock for stock but there is more work than can be done to the 2v and a WAY better cam selection.

Guest tbutera2112
I am not here to say my side of things, because eveything like you said has been said already, either way make sure you take good pictures of the build and everything you do to the car, that way you have everything documented so we can see the progress.

i will...but like i said before, its not going to begin until next year...still buying parts... ive got 1 1/2 motors, a transmission, bought an edelbrock intake manifold today, getting a 4bbl holley carb friday, getting a k member sometime soon from iceman once i work out details, going to get bearings and rings done in the motor since its ripped down to the bare block, it also needs hot tanked and measured to see if it needs any machine work...and i need to get the oil pan...those are my plans before the end of the year, hoping to get the rest of my parts in january or atleast most of them, and if all goes well starting the swap in february or march, just depends how parts are looking...thanks to rob ive been finding some really good deals on parts so its coming together nicely...im not going to rip my running car apart until i have close to everything i need just incase my daily breaks down and i need something to drive...one running car makes me nervous

GL tyler i hope you get the car up and running well by next summer. hope it all comes together well, so when i go to nc, and spend an 1/8 of what you do i will still womp your bbf, with a stock car.:) enjoy your build, cuz your best will leave you only 10 cars behind me :lol:

Guest Removed
GL tyler i hope you get the car up and running well by next summer. hope it all comes together well, so when i go to nc, and spend an 1/8 of what you do i will still womp your bbf, with a stock car.:) enjoy your build, cuz your best will leave you only 10 cars behind me :lol:

and just how you know that my motor wont be in his car for that night? :cool: :bangbang:

Good luck with that Phil, you can't beat my car off the spray, what makes you think you can compete with real torque?

Good luck with that Phil, you can't beat my car off the spray, what makes you think you can compete with real torque?

that seceret lies in north carolina, tyler knows somthing about it lol. well you will know about it very soon as well