well..my build begins

Guest tbutera2112

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and why is that? he wants a bb street car...

I just dont see any reason to beat up a clean newer stang detail that thing sell it get some good money from it buy a fox with a big block already in it and profit, I see big block or roller foxes on cl or ebay for cheap,

I guess my personal opinion would be not to mess up a perfectly fine car and put something in it that will cost more and require more time than most likely anticipated, Just my opinion but I would rather have a properly done big block notch or lx hatch than a new edge car that will require some crazyness

Guest tbutera2112
I just dont see any reason to beat up a clean newer stang detail that thing sell it get some good money from it buy a fox with a big block already in it and profit, I see big block or roller foxes on cl or ebay for cheap,

I guess my personal opinion would be not to mess up a perfectly fine car and put something in it that will cost more and require more time than most likely anticipated, Just my opinion but I would rather have a properly done big block notch or lx hatch than a new edge car that will require some crazyness

you do realize that a foxbody and a new edge are the same car right? what do you mean by "require some crazyness"? im using foxbody swap parts...and i could turbo my car all i want, but im still not getting more than 400rwhp without needing a bottom end...turbo plus bottom end is more money that it will cost to build the motor i want to build in it...already got a motor, waiting to get some machine work done and putting rings and bearings in it then its going together and ill start building from there

Guest Removed
P.S. I see you and tyler talking on here alot and I figured you were the inspiration behind this, most kids these days would never think of a big block swap...ha

i didnt push him..in no way have i...he asked me tons of questions. i answered them

and its not my issue you cant grab the idea of a 460ci 9.5 to 1 motor making over 500 ft in very mild form. and even at 800 plus hp he dont have to worry about his 2 bolt block looking like a watermelon at a galiger(sp) show. :p

salvage title cars are not worth shit.....this is what lead him to this..i told him to drop a navi motor in it and spray it

my opinion dont matter to him, or yours for that matter. its what he wants.

All im saying is plan accordingly as in quite a few hundred dollars more than originally planned for it

and yes fox and you car as similar but not the "same"

I have a 97 gt and an 88 gt and they are really by no means the "same"

im not trying to argue with you I like your car I think its one of the nicest looking GT's on the board just wondering what inspired you to go big block...

Guest Removed
All im saying is plan accordingly as in quite a few hundred dollars more than originally planned for it

and yes fox and you car as similar but not the "same"

I have a 97 gt and an 88 gt and they are really by no means the "same"

im not trying to argue with you I like your car I think its one of the nicest looking GT's on the board just wondering what inspired you to go big block...

sn 95 chassis give more room for the BB. and yes cut the tops of the cars off, and they are rather much the same.

Guest tbutera2112
460ci 9.5 to 1 motor making over 500 ft in very mild form. and even at 800 plus hp he dont have to worry about his 2 bolt block looking like a watermelon at a galiger(sp) show. :p

salvage title cars are not worth shit.

this is what inspired me to do it...and yes, rob did suggest a 5.4 4v from a navigator, but i want to do this project...dont care much what people think...everyone here says it cant be done, so when its done it will be that much cooler...and yes i realize how much its going to cost, ive priced out pretty much every single part with rob and me and him have spent hours working on details of this and everything it is going to take...

and if they werent the same, why do chassis and suspension parts from a 79 fit onto an 04? im going to need a new k member, which im getting from ICEMAN from a 95gt, and im going to need BBF motor mounts from jegs for $60, and then the motor will be in the car, i will of course need more parts such as headers an oil pan, the top end of the engine etc etc, but it should go right in once i have parts

mod please lock this thread, nobody has any words of encouragement, and i think everyone has had their say of how bad of an idea it is, so ide say its time to lock it up

Once again im not arguing, First off I didnt know the car had a salvage title, Its not just you some guy in Tech Help posted that he wanted to convert his 86 Gt to carb and most everyone was like like uh why would you do that, Also I know how easy it is to make a big block make power In case anyone for got I have the best of the best big block in my garage buick 455 FTW, Good luck with the swap man I just wanted a few questions answered, I never said it cant be done there are plenty of 94-04 big block cars the guy up the street from me has one never talked to the guy but maybe if your nice we can go over there and you can take a look at it haha.

Guest tbutera2112
remember the ones i showed you on the forum.....they did it easyer then a fox body swap.

theres more than enough room....my engine bay is huge...im not worried about how many people say it cant be done, because its been done before and i did research...its not like i said i want to drop a v12 motor into a smart car

**edit typed back instead of bay

and yes i realize how much its going to cost, ive priced out pretty much every single part with rob and me and him have spent hours working on details of this and everything it is going to take...

mod please lock this thread, nobody has any words of encouragement, and i think everyone has had their say of how bad of an idea it is, so ide say its time to lock it up

you posted a thread on a public forum, and people are commenting appropriately trying to give you advice--don't complain. no reason to lock anything.

just add at least 20% to the cost you've calculated. unexpected costs will come up no matter how well you thing you've planned things. good luck, i'll still be posting here in 5 years when you're ready to fire it up for the first time.

Guest tbutera2112
you posted a thread on a public forum, and people are commenting appropriately trying to give you advice--don't complain. no reason to lock anything.

just add at least 20% to the cost you've calculated. unexpected costs will come up no matter how well you thing you've planned things. good luck, i'll still be posting here in 5 years when you're ready to fire it up for the first time.

i just dont see a point in bringing back a thread where everyone has already had their say of shit talking...nobody wants me to do it and nobody thinks i can, thats great! i dont give a fuck what you think kirk, or anybody else...and i cant wait until next year when i post a video of firing it up the first time to shove in your face...if you dont have anything postiive to say, then maybe you should stop posting...i already read that you think its a bad idea pages ago when you first posted, put hearing it the second time has COMPLETELY changed my view on the whole project! thank you so much for saving me so much time and money kirk, what would i ever do without you

oh and even if i add another 20% to my total costs, it will STILL be finished next year at some point...kthanksbye

Guest tbutera2112

not yet, i have a longblock and a short block and a tranny...short block is down to the bare block and its going to be getting machined, painted, new bearings, and rings, and then going back together by the end of the year...picking up a k member sometime next week from iceman...got my next thousand dollar check coming in the beginning of january and with that ill be ordering my oil pan and getting the cam and most likely heads to get the motor back together....so by sometime in january im hoping to have 75% of the motor completely back together...the funding is all there, just have to wait till early jan for my next check...got about $400 ill be spending before the end of the year on the motor, but christmas is here so ive got more expenses to take care of with the gf too...i make great money compared to the little amount of bills i have, so im not too concerned about funding the project...it will be done by next year, hoping for next summer, but it may turn out to be next fall or winter...we will see...no pics of the block torn down because its all at robs house and im at home

heres the only pic i have for you, and its just the motor when we bought it...not using this block, probably wont even use much of it, but i have it for parts if i end up needing anything out of it...the other motor is on the stand

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/1030081718.jpg

I think it'll be a cool project when you get it done. Projects like that aren't easy, hence why a lot of people would puss out. If and when you get it done, and it turns out well everyone will shut up. I for one hope you do accomplish it, and wish you the best of luck.

Guest tbutera2112
I think it'll be a cool project when you get it done. Projects like that aren't easy, hence why a lot of people would puss out. If and when you get it done, and it turns out well everyone will shut up. I for one hope you do accomplish it, and wish you the best of luck.

thanks scott...we will see how it goes...unloaded my tuner today so that money will be the boost i need to get a little more progress by the end of the year on this motor... i want the bottom end put back together before the end of the year... and it wont be an easy project, but it wont be any harder than a 460 foxbody, and theres plenty of those out there so it is doable for a decent amount

oh and people wont shut up once its done, they will just say i ruined the car, or that its not done cleanly, or that i shoulda stayed FI, etc etc...people will always find a reason to shit on a project that is out of the norm, but im used to it by now and dont really care what anyone thinks of it because its my car and not theirs