well..my build begins

Guest tbutera2112

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant you just buy a stock piston and a new valve and stop spraying such a big shot? or do you need a whole new motor?

no I want to build the engine I have once. So if I buy a 5.3 truck motor it's cheap, I can beat the shit out of it, and replace with well built LS1. It really wouldn't cost much more to do it that way and after a couple years when i have the LS1 ready to go, 5.3 gets put into something else to drive.

Guest tbutera2112
no I want to build the engine I have once. So if I buy a 5.3 truck motor it's cheap, I can beat the shit out of it, and replace with well built LS1. It really wouldn't cost much more to do it that way and after a couple years when i have the LS1 ready to go, 5.3 gets put into something else to drive.

oh ok so you just want to get the car moving and race it while building a better engine? what all is involved in swapping in the 5.3? will it be hard going back to the LS1 after? thats kinda what im doing with mine...me and rob are putting a very mild 460 in my car and then putting the extra block i have up on a stand to be a project motor over the next couple years

Guest tbutera2112
5.3 is a direct bolt-in. It's an Iron block with a slightly smaller bore. Thats it. So long as it isn't a gen 4 out of a newer truck, but cost is the motivation so I'll be looking for an older one.

once the ls1 is back in it, i vote to swap the 5.3 into your s10

once the ls1 is back in it, i vote to swap the 5.3 into your s10

maybe a nicer one. I have already promised some people that my current S10 is going topless the week before I scap it. The frame isn't really bad, but I am not going to put much effort into this truck. I want to get an older Silverado (pre 98 2WD) and swap it in. Build a 12 sec truck.

Guest tbutera2112
maybe a nicer one. I have already promised some people that my current S10 is going topless the week before I scap it. The frame isn't really bad, but I am not going to put much effort into this truck. I want to get an older Silverado (pre 98 2WD) and swap it in. Build a 12 sec truck.

or you could make a sweet offroad truck since you already will have a fast vehicle... extra power never hurt trying to climb up a rock!... wrangler with a 5.3 chevy motor and big dana axles = profit

Guest tbutera2112
My Dad let's me use his Jeep whenever I want, 79 CJ7 with 40" tires, off-roading is cool but I don't want to. I have much more fun at the track.

well when the trucks done you can tow the camaro to the track, and if it breaks you can still race! lol

Guest tbutera2112
sarcasm isn't very funny when your car was towed home too.

i wasnt being sarcastic though, was just saying you could take the car there and if it happened to break you would still have a truck to race if you built a 12 second truck

i wasnt being sarcastic though, was just saying you could take the car there and if it happened to break you would still have a truck to race if you built a 12 second truck

okay.

yes it would be cool. I'd like to get my wife involved, but I doubt that is going to happen.

Guest tbutera2112
okay.

yes it would be cool. I'd like to get my wife involved, but I doubt that is going to happen.

yea i wouldnt ever be able to get my gf into it...she was scared shitless in my car and i didnt even get to make a pass...she gets scared during normal street driving in my car...i think just because its so loud she assumes its faster than it really is and it scares her

yea i wouldnt ever be able to get my gf into it...she was scared shitless in my car and i didnt even get to make a pass...she gets scared during normal street driving in my car...i think just because its so loud she assumes its faster than it really is and it scares her

Time to find a new girlfriend, my ex had a 5.0 vert and my current girlfriend asks to drive my car and LOVES it!

Guest Removed

my girl said your car was slow when i took her around in it. :p

i guess my girl and mobildynos girl are the only kool ones here

Guest tbutera2112
Time to find a new girlfriend, my ex had a 5.0 vert and my current girlfriend asks to drive my car and LOVES it!

my gf wont even drive my probe, she refuses to drive a stick...i made her drive my old truck once and she did just fine, she knows how, just wont do it... and nah shes pretty cool about it...doesnt bust my balls about racing or spending money on my car...i even tell her we cant go out much because i spent all my money on my car and shes fine with it...if my car was an auto i could maybe talk her into making a pass in it, but im not too sure about that

Guest tbutera2112

yea it bugs me how much of a pig my car is lol... the worst was that night we went out and ended up running with that newer civic that stayed right with us the whole time...idk if it was stock or not, but that definately wasnt cool

My girlfriend asked me why I drive the mustang when "the car in the garage" (that being the GS Convertible) just sits there andlooks and sounds about 10 times cooler....she is a keeper I think

Guest tbutera2112
My wife bought me mine. I have the other kind of car guy's wife. She goes sometimes and she's supportive of my hobby, just doesn't do it with me.

thats how mine is too

Guest Removed
hahah um huh yea yea yea

He told me he got banned on here I dont know if its permanent or what but im bout to start a bring back miller petition

WHAT? :eek:

why?

i dont even see him in the members list no more

edit yep he is banned...but why? :confused: