have you ever? question for married guys

wnaplay1647545503

Yup. She was pissed. Then when she found out it was a V8 S10 she was really pissed, and after I blew it up not long after I got it, well.

She eventually got over it, I used it for parts and scrapped it. Would have been less of a fight if I told her I was getting it, but she still would have fought with me after I got it. Oh well.

It's easier to beg for forgiveness,than ask for permission!Yes,I've done it but wait for her to bring home something expensive without asking you.Then what happens?Well you bought a car without asking me!

Exactly what I was going to say!

I seem to keep buying sets of wheels without asking the wife, no where near as big. But she still is a woman. :D Good luck keeping your testicles, and have fun on the couch for a night or two.

Fun thread....oh yeah....Bought my 03 Accord V6...she kinda new, but then all the goodies and upgrades arrived. The wheels and tires pissed her off.

It gets better....I sold that car to by my GXP....both without her knowing...to one of her own clients :)

She kinda knew I was looking for a new car this summer, but when I came home with the MS3, she wasn't pissed....not happy that I didn't talk with her about it overall, but then, it's my car and it was a fairly cheap in comparison to what I've owned. She didn't however, know that I bought it and pulled the money from one of our joint checking accounts to do it. :o Not until she asked me what the payment was going to be. :D

I tried that with the first one minus the ls1. She hates it and the thought of its exact twin sitting next to it and no chance of her suv keeping warm in the garage again this year will put me in the doghouse. The bad thing is I want the car but the thought of the hassles are something I didnt think of when I made my bid. I can only hope that I am outbid and maybe this will motivate me to get started on the one I have.

So thats what married life is like? having to ask permission? Yeah glad I wont be in that situation.

On topic, I think if it doesnt put your family in a bad financial situation (especially before christmas) and you can afford both the time and money then why would it matter?

Some of you are giving me more reasons to keep single. If you've got the money to buy a vehicle, I don't see what the problem would be. But from what I hear, your money = her money after marriage.

I give him credit you cant make a major financial decision when your in a partnership. But like I said, if it doesnt put his family in a bad financial situation then why the hell should it matter what he does or buys?

Talking about what I want to do is better than dealing with a pissed off wife later. That is what I've learned being married, but what my wife has learned is that if I want it I am going to get it. Marriage isn't so bad, so long as she learns too.

Guest Removed

my wife new i was looking for a car when i was looking for mustangs. i went clear to sc to look at a rust free 68 fast back. i came home pissed, and with no car(rust free my ass). she was more mad about that then any of them.and this was a $5,000 starting point for a project. she was even looking for mustangs for me. then i just up and left one morning and she didnt even know! she call's after waking up asking me where i was, and i was in the middle of KY, waiting on dude. she was like wtf? then " well dont bring home something you dont want, i dont want to here about it later". she new i was home when she heard me fire it up on the trailer and pulled it off and starting doing holeshots in front of the house. funny thing was 20 other poeple followed the car into my garage. then she stick her head out and goes, damn take enough people with you? then the next few days were jegs and racingjunk shopping days.

now the current girlfreind push's me to go buy shit...lol. guess im just lucky.