Why do you still live in Ohio??

V8 Beast

The first time I had the opportunity, because I had just bought a house.

Now, because I have a wife with many family and friends in and near Ohio. That doesn't mean we're going to stay in Ohio much longer, though.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter is the only thing keeping me here. I actually had the chance to leave earlier this year and didnt. They are shuting down this service center, and we have centers in Raleigh NC, and Gainesville FL (theres more service centers, but those two were the only locations that I was interested in). They flew me down to both and I got to take a tour of each one and eat lunch with some of the managers there. I thought I would have a few months to think about it. But I took the trips in the middle and end of April, and they wanted an answer in May. If my daughter was older and could take trips to see me, I would of went.

1. Family - Both of ours are within 2hrs.

2. Wife's law practice. - Starting over sucks, especially in a new state

Overall though, there are some good things about cbus:

1. Relatively young city.

2. Cost of living is good

3. Weather - diverse with no real major catasrophic potential

4. I'm in sales, and it's central to most key markets and cheap to fly from

5. Small and easy to get around

6. We are within 6hrs drive of a ton of fun places too.

yadda, yadda...

Lets see the people can't drive, the cops suck, it's fucking cold, the local sports teams suck, and the local car scene is full of assholes.:lol: But gas is typically cheaper than other parts of the country, the cost of living is cheaper then a lot of the country, I live 15 minutes from a race track, and I already live here. The place sucks but it's home.

the browns are using stategery to move up in draft order? there were seeing if having a good corner will help the D. Not that leon hall is a good corner but they wanted to see if 3 ints would help score points.

Super bowl browns next yar!!!!!!

The question would be why I moved back to Ohio. Twice.

The first time I was in Missouri and had the option of moving to Texas. The second time I was living in Florida and moved back here. Specifically, Central Ohio.

Yes, I have my immediate family here. However, Columbus doesn't have a "big city" feel, the cost of living is decent, there are good jobs if you look hard enough, and we have enough motorsports anything in this state to make you happy. We have four true seasons, there are some amazing plaes to visit within a two hour drive, and even more amazing places within eight.

I like this place :)

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Worked in Florida, WV, Iowa, Georgia, Alabama, Texas... I missed Ohio for the same reasons.

I moved to Columbus 5 1/2 years ago due to my husband's family living here. Him and I have since seperated and I guess the only real thing keeping me here at this point is my boyfriend.

I've enjoyed the city for the most part though. The city has a lot of things to do if you go out and explore a little bit. And I have met a lot of cool people and have a couple good friends close by.

I moved to Columbus 5 1/2 years ago due to my husband's family living here. Him and I have since seperated and I guess the only real thing keeping me here at this point is my boyfriend.

I've enjoyed the city for the most part though. The city has a lot of things to do if you go out and explore a little bit. And I have met a lot of cool people and have a couple good friends close by.

your boyfriend sounds like a real shit head.... ;)

AWWWWW.

I am still waiting to finish school. If I get a job offer in a warmer(not hot) climate then I will probably take it. Family can come visit anytime they want :D I really enjoy places like Myrtle Beach so I may find a place within an hour or so from the ocean.

I refuse to move to: Hawaii, Alaska, Commifornia, or any far south state like Florida or Louisiana.

Yes, I have my immediate family here. However, Columbus doesn't have a "big city" feel, the cost of living is decent, there are good jobs if you look hard enough, and we have enough motorsports anything in this state to make you happy. We have four true seasons, there are some amazing plaes to visit within a two hour drive, and even more amazing places within eight.

I like this place :)

I couldnt agree more, this is exactly how I feel. Plus, all kinds of cool people come from ohio, we've got quite a few actors and musicians that have come from here. (except for bow wow). I get tired of listening to people talk shit about ohio, there's no reason not to like living here.

Nothing really. Though, this happens to be one of the few places I've ever lived somewhere this long. Only becuase I've been fighting very hard to swallow that nomadic instinct that overwhelms me once again. Nothing against Ohio, I've enjoyed it here, for the most part. But, my gf is here and I'm not completely bored with it, yet. Eh, what's one place from another. I know eventually I'll move somewhere else and it'll be somewhere new I haven't lived before. Been thinking the Northwest, lately...