Ohio Riders Official Lap Time Leaderboard

natedogg624

This thread will be for Ohio Rider members to post their lap times at all the tracks we visit.

Since a common question is "what's a fast lap time for xxxx track?", I'll keep the top 5 lap times, along with who did them, in the first post.

This will go by the honor system, so don't be a dick and make up lap times just to make yourself look better. This is not for bragging rights, more for a friendly competition as well as a tool for the new riders to see and compare how they are doing against the older more experienced riders.

There are no exclusions, meaning anybody who has run at the tracks listed below may post a time. Racers are allowed.

Also make sure to post up your bike and tire combo along side your results.

Finally, since this has just started, if anyone has any suggestions as tracks to add to the list, or to actually disallow the racer's times, feel free to post up.

you can post up times from years prior as well, it doesn't have to start this year...

Name - Time (Yr/Bike/Tire)

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (new pavement)

1. Lizard - 1:32 (?/GSX-R 750/?)

2. PASKEY - 1:43 (05/Yamaha R6/?)

Putnam Park

1. Lizard - 1:11-:12 (?/GSX-R 750/?)

2. Gixxie750 - 1:15.20 (03 GSXR750)pirelli

3. MelloGSXR - 1:19.919 (2007/GSXR600/Metzler K2/Bridgestone BT-002type4)

Nelson Ledges

1. PASKEY - 1:06 (05/Yamaha R6/?)

2. Lizard - 1:08 (?/GSX-R 750/?)

Bluegrass Motorsports Park

Jennings

1. Gixxie750 - 1:21.9(03 GSXR750) pirelli

Beaver Run

1. Gixxie750 - 1:02.24(03GSXR 750)pirelli

Grattan

Gingerman

VIR

Road Atlanta (long)

Road Atlanta (short)

Summit

Barber

Edited by natedogg624

Dude, this is going to be a mess. My Laps is really the only proof you can have at actual lap times. Even lap timers like an XT are fudged as nobody really knows the truth. So many guys "claim" a certain lap time, but in reality, it isn't so...

So, I could say I ran a 1:09 flat at Putnam Park when in fact it was Mark Junge when he set the lap record in 03.

I could also say I did a :33 at Mid-Ohio during World Cup Qualifying, but it was the old pavement and that time is not impressive nowadays....

See what I mean?

Point is that I think people can do this for fun, but it isn't worth much.

Edited by Desmo-Brian

there are always going to be margins or error in this, i know that, so lets just go by the lap timer you are running and the honor system. obviously if i say i did a :35 at mid oh that would be a joke. if you have a lap logged on My Laps then go ahead and post that.

most of the guys/gals that have lap timers will have XT (not all...most) so theoretically, even though they will be "off" we can still compare since they were from the same type of device and the MOE should be similar and thus render insignificant.

--this doesn't mean if you have an XT that you can't post, by all means still post your times.

--i clarified the Mid Oh course and added more.

Edited by natedogg624

Since not all people know what my laps is in lizards post. Here ya go

These are the lap times as taken by the transponders during races at these events

www.mylaps.com

And. there were no MyLaps back when we used to race Putnam seriously with WERA. So, it's really tough to go by and do seriously.

And. there were no MyLaps back when we used to race Putnam seriously with WERA. So, it's really tough to go by and do seriously.

Hey lizard.. did you notice that the pic for the link to motorcycle times on mylaps appears to be a 45 Vesrah bike but I dont know if they had that number or not.. Could just be a similar yellow bike.

there are always going to be margins or error in this, i know that, so lets just go by the lap timer you are running and the honor system. obviously if i say i did a :35 at mid oh that would be a joke. if you have a lap logged on My Laps then go ahead and post that.

most of the guys/gals that have lap timers will have XT (not all...most) so theoretically, even though they will be "off" we can still compare since they were from the same type of device.

--this doesn't mean if you have an XT that you can't post, by all means still post your times.

--i clarified the Mid Oh course.

Again, if you only knew the number of guys I have heard tell me lap times they have done at whatever track and stated they saw it on their lap timers.

People tell fish stories all the time.

I'll start:

Mid-Ohio:

1:27

Putnam Park:

1:11-:12

Nelson Ledges

1:06

I mean, who can prove it otherwise? I ran the best lap at a track day at Mid-Ohio. Never raced since 2003 there. I did a 1:32 in a track day setting. At Putnam, those times were legit as I finished behind Reuben who beat Mark there that weekend. He was doing :10s and low :11s... Nelson I have only done high 1:08s.

Point is someone can fudge numbers and it be BS...

i know Lizard, people will bump up their times to make themselves look a little better. thats just something we have to push aside.

hopefully though, people will be real. (hopefully)

--times added

what about bike/tire? was this on your 750?

Uh, re-read my thread and the true times are in there. I was lying about the 1:27 and 1;06 times... I was providing an example of how things can get out of control...

Uh, re-read my thread and the true times are in there. I was lying about the 1:27 and 1;06 times... I was providing an example of how things can get out of control...

damn you just proved your own point...

if they are lying about their times, then it proves nothing.

would it be worth it to add the year/make/model of the bike as well? just curious

sure, the times between a 1 litre and 600 could be very different at certain tracks. year maybe not, but i figure if we're going to have the cc size might as well at least have the model.

sure, the times between a 1 litre and 600 could be very different at certain tracks. year maybe not, but i figure if we're going to have the cc size might as well at least have the model.

I figured as well but assumed there would be some rant about how its the rider, not the bike blah blah blah.. :D

Ok no Im just play im actually way faster than Lizard. Any time he puts up is a lie. He is slow and I taught him everything he knows. :D:fruit:

Actually, that 1:08 at Nelson was when I was behind you trying to get a tow. I think you hit 1:06s easily enough when you went by so fast.

So, Justin needs to be at the top of the list at a 1:06 for Nelson.

damn you just proved your own point...

if they are lying about their times, then it proves nothing.

Mclovin said he did your mom in 1:13 at midohio. He said he has the photo finish as proof

• Casper unpinned this topic