Why do you sell?

Draco-REX

One of the pics on the front page got me thinking. There's always threads about "why did you buy X" or something similar. But why do you sell your cars? You buy a car you like, put a lot of money and ten times as much of your time into it. Then you race it, which is arguably the ultimate use for that car.

And then.. You sell it.

Why?

Now that I have my STI, I can't possibly see myself selling it. But I'm sure others have different views of their cars, so I'm curious. So, again, why do you sell your fun cars?

My tastes change with my income.

That, and sometimes you just get bored with stuff, or you get the itch for something else. Lots of reasons really. Or sometimes cars just get old and worn out and you're tired of putting money into them.

I traded my "fun" car for a nice, although very slow, truck with a higher resale value so I can sell it and buy a "more fun" car.

I forgot to mention.....If I could afford it, I wouldn't sell cars unless necessary, I'd just keep adding to my fleet. But when you're a college student paying for school and rent with a Dairy Queen salary, that's not possible :(

67 Nova - sold because I didn't have time/cash to do what I wanted

85 El Camino - sold to buy a turbo Regal (then I bought it back)

87 Turbo-T - started college, no time/cash to race it

91 Talon TSi - bought a nicer daily and wasn't driving it at all

67 Nova - sold because I didn't have time/cash to do what I wanted

85 El Camino - sold to buy a turbo Regal (then I bought it back)

87 Turbo-T - started college, no time/cash to race it

91 Talon TSi - bought a nicer daily and wasn't driving it at all

Did I say provocative before ? Because what I meant was practical. Utterly and completely practical.

Only car I ever sold and lived to regret selling was my truck (S-10 with small block) when I went to college. It was useless as a driver and someone offered me too much money for it.

I sold a couple of college cars that I was not attached to.

Havn't sold any other cars after college...and never intend to get rid of any of them. I need to find more places to put them though. Best part is I think my wife is more attached than me and wouldn't let me sell them even if I wanted to.

I sold my bike because I thought I was Valentino Rossi and hurt myself on the damn thing. It lost alot of luster after that.

For the record, I am thinking of selling my WRX. To make it nationally competitive in M4, the amount of money I'd have to sink into it is roughly the same as if I were to sell it and buy an STI which has all the changes I want stock. Then I could stay in PA.

Now if only I could find a real cheap 04 STI.

But the 07.. I'll be buried in that car.

^^^HAHA, that's about the truth!

The cars I had thru HS and beginning of college weren't anything worth keeping. I was somewhat forced to part out the Talon after totaling it one night being stupid :D

I'm pretty happy with my stable of vehicles right now. Honestly the M3 is worth more to me than it's worth in cash value so I'll keep it and run it into the ground.