What have you done to your car over the winter???

V8 Beast

Ugh. I haven't done anything. My poor baby has been sitting in the garage collecting dust. About the only thing I have planned for it this year is getting an e-cutout. The cutout itself is already on the car, but I just have a solid plate bolted to it right now.

House projects have owned me this winter and I still have a lot to do.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the TA, I just finished ordering all the parts for the rear end and started tearing into it on Wednesday. I am replacing the entire rear housing, with welded on LCA relocation brackeds and sway bar mounts, M9 Ford 9", 35 spline axles, detroit locker, 3.50 gears, aluminum 3rd member, BMR extremem sway bar, panhard relocation rod, adjustable torque arm, transmission cross member relocation bar and a 3.5 aluminum DS with 1350 u-joints and new trans yoke.

Why only 3.50's?

Your incredible fashion sense?

Fashion and safety baby!! To be honest I couldnt even find a jacket that went with my new boots. I ended up making my own jacket... and it is to die for!!! It matches my interior, and freshly painted pink roll bar. The new jacket shows that I mean business while displaying a soft and gentle side. Its kinda like Rambo meets My Little Pony lol! After I finish sewing the word "FIERCE" on the back of it I'll be done with all of my winter mods.

On the Fiero I have finished installing the six-speed (just have to put the interior back togther), including new clutch, slave cylinder, shifter cables, aligned the car, replaced all the coolant hosed as well as flushed the coolant, all new e-brake cables. I stripped the engine cradle and control arms of all the rust, primed and painted it all and put in poly bushings inthe tie rods, control arms and cradle bushings. I replaced the rear ball joints and added poly bushings to them as well. I fabed up the trans mounts with poly bushings as well. I also put in two new engine mounts and have a brake booster to install.

On the R1 I changed the oil and removed some decals.

On the TA, I just finished ordering all the parts for the rear end and started tearing into it on Wednesday. I am replacing the entire rear housing, with welded on LCA relocation brackeds and sway bar mounts, M9 Ford 9", 35 spline axles, detroit locker, 3.50 gears, aluminum 3rd member, BMR extremem sway bar, panhard relocation rod, adjustable torque arm, transmission cross member relocation bar and a 3.5 aluminum DS with 1350 u-joints and new trans yoke.

P.S. I also bought a towing rig to drive while I have my toys apart.

the first 500 miles or so with that locker are fun :) keep both hands on the wheel as much as possible

I should have my 99' cobra wheels and new tires mounted and balanced in the next week. The new 275/60/15 drag radials and wheels are ready to go. I still need to get the FMIC intercooler moving, and the same goes for changing the axle housing bushings. Still to cold for me to go out and work in the garage.

Why only 3.50's?

Mine from the factory had 3.42's, just entering fourth at the end of the quarter, swapped them for 3.73 and took a while to get the same et, not far off but still slower and I was midway through fourth. I have plans to turbo it in the future and I do not want to be shifting into fifth gear before the traps.

I sold mine....

:D

KillJoy

damnit! i was going to write the same thing, and no one else had written it, except that LAST DAMN PERSON!

anyway. I sold mine too! I also installed a trailer hitch on the xb and did some trailer wiring. Tomorrow I'll be bringing home my new toy!

damnit! i was going to write the same thing, and no one else had written it, except that LAST DAMN PERSON!

anyway. I sold mine too! I also installed a trailer hitch on the xb and did some trailer wiring. Tomorrow I'll be bringing home my new toy!

What's the towing rate on one of those, just curious.

IPS stage 3 heads

hinson longtube headers

new exhaust

injectors

new clutch,flywheel,throwout bearing

powersteering rack

welded tranny brace

poly motor mounts

shocks

slotted rotors and hawk pads

new drag radials

new nitrous kit on the way

You still won't beat me :D

You gonna pull a ND2RACE? ;)

Guest Removed

havent made no progress!

been seeing alot of black lately

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/ultimatehellhound/Picture003.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/ultimatehellhound/Picture002.jpg

cant figure it out!

VW = Picking up the trans this sunday 150k miles on it and its only costing me 250:bangbang:Taking it to VWjeff hes gonna re build it and install my diff out of the blown up trans.

Plugs

Oil

Tint

LCA/Bushings "Black Forest"

Re paint the hood and Fix the Hatch to match rest of car.

RX-7

Too much to list.:gtfo:

Wow those wheels look exactly like yours? Why did he get the same wheels as u.... that's gay...

Haha I have washed it just to lazy to scrub it off

Now that you've got a cage I'm sure it'll run 13s now lol

those are my wheels in that pic, he wanted to see what they looked like on his car aka my shadow :D

LOL! Wash that biatch Paul!

Over the winter I got a new battery tray, a new battery, a replacement window motor, some apoxy to fix my cracked intake lid, and a roll cage.

I have an 8 point roll cage just haven't got around to installing it, its still in the box from summer of 2007