April 18th - Columbus Cars & Coffee

zeitgeist57

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, CR would close down a Waffle House!

:D

KillJoy

you calling us all cheap?

I'm down for whatever, panera is good cause I don't drink coffee unless its a monster java, so I'll get me some bearclaws.

One week we will have to do teejayes though

Wow! I'm glad everyone enjoys the idea.

I don't mind having a couple of venues, but my idea for making this successful is this:

1) Can't be more than 2-3 locations that we rotate...it gets confusing after that.

2) It's not really about the food (hence, cars & coffee); this is more of a grab-a-cup-of-coffee-and-hang-out-OUTSIDE.

3) Freebies would be great. In fact, are there any businesses that would enjoy an open house? Just throwing it out there...IPS has a table with coffee and doughnuts (the cars&coffee crew could even toss a few bucks each to make it happen) and we can check out their projects, facilities and talk to the people and IPS has a nice attraction of people to their place...just an idea.

I did a few of these in Naples, FL...but truthfully the guys that did it were a lot older and the cars were fucking killer. This won't work if people want to sit down in a restaurant...this is more about getting cars and their fanatical owners together on a beautiful Saturday morning to talk for awhile and then go off on their day. The nice thing will be if we get a strong core of bike/car people, then shops/dealerships in the area could be interested in having our group come by for an "open house"...

I'll organize the idea more...just keep posting your interest and location ideas.

Please don't necessarily pick a place because it's close to your house...come up with places that people have a legitimate hook-up for free coffee-doughnuts, or a car venue where the owners would be cool with us having a parking lot for a few hours in the morning...

You know I'm down Clay. I vote somewhere with good coffee too; Speedway brew isn't my usual thing.

Hell.... I like the White Castle Coffee from the one on Hilliard Rome! :D

There is the Starbucks (ugh) on Polaris. LOTS of parking. Also, isn't there a Carribou Coffee on Lane?

KillJoy

Gives me an excuse to get moving on Saturdays. Great idea.

OVR SCCA is having a Test 'n Tune autocross on April 4 at National Trails. Meet up out east, and caravan out.

I have the #81 Civic, white, and will be there early. I will be happy to accomodate CR members wanting to check it out, giving rides and so forth.

I also have an enclosed trailer and canopy in the event of inclement weather!

I'll organize the idea more...just keep posting your interest and location ideas.

Please don't necessarily pick a place because it's close to your house...come up with places that people have a legitimate hook-up for free coffee-doughnuts, or a car venue where the owners would be cool with us having a parking lot for a few hours in the morning...

Let me know if you need any help.

Wow! I'm glad everyone enjoys the idea.

I don't mind having a couple of venues, but my idea for making this successful is this:

1) Can't be more than 2-3 locations that we rotate...it gets confusing after that.

2) It's not really about the food (hence, cars & coffee); this is more of a grab-a-cup-of-coffee-and-hang-out-OUTSIDE.

3) Freebies would be great. In fact, are there any businesses that would enjoy an open house? Just throwing it out there...IPS has a table with coffee and doughnuts (the cars&coffee crew could even toss a few bucks each to make it happen) and we can check out their projects, facilities and talk to the people and IPS has a nice attraction of people to their place...just an idea.

I completely agree with what you're thinking here.. really, more than 2 locations can be confusing. Also, if it's made every other week at two different venues, this could turn into a pretty large gathering because everyone will know where we're at, at what time and when.. eliminate the confusion as much as possible.

I figured I was also on the same page as far as what you intended with this get together, Clay. It's cool to get everyone together and sit down, but just hanging out with a hot/cold beverage or something small in a nice lot would be awesome.

CSCC Bookstore

283 Clevland Ave

Columbus Ohio 43215

Crimson Cup Barista

I get a discount and am there every Saturday (like Now) if we use it in the rotation. 30 Space parking lot in the back, can't get any more "central".....

I like their coffee and I didn't know you worked there? Are you talking about a the lot directly behind the bookstore? Meters don't pay themselves, duder.

My suggestion still stands

Cup O' Joe Lennox

1791 Olentangy River Rd

Columbus, OH 43212

(614) 291-1563

Right off 315 and 670 near the OSU Medical Center and the Lennox Theater. Nice big lot and the Cup has pretty decent coffee and pastries.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c8/eightsixgts/Cupojoe.jpg

We talked about this last year too. I'm still down for some early morning cars. I agree 3 spots that we rotate each week. Maybe one on the Westside, Northside, Eastside?

That Cup O Joe would be great!. There is also the Perneia (sp) at Mill Run Hilliard. Maybe make a poll with spots all over and take a vote. The top 3 are what we go with!