How I got scammed out of $2500 -- options??

Slimpsy1647545505

Guest Eye_of_the_Beholder
Here your Occupation is a Real Estate Investor...:wtf: And you put a deposit(well your wife did) on a house? And you sign a document without reading it. And you change youre mind knowing most deposits are none refundable...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife's words (after only reading your first post in this thread that I copied and emailed her):

"Yes, they are probably never going to see that money again. Receipt or no receipt, fine print or no fine print, since they gave them cash the chance that they will ever get it back is slim, especially because it has probably already been spent. Since the people aren't willingly returning it then that only leaves legal recourse which will cost every bit of that $2500 so they would end up losing even more.

They might want to try a demand letter from an attorney. Sometimes having something come from an attorney might scare the people enough in to a full or partial refund if they are generally honest people who just made a bad decision. Usually an attorney would do this at their hourly rate and it wouldn't take more than an hour to complete. If things move to a negotiation then that may add more time on."

:( Sorry that free legal advice was not better news. It sounds to me that if these people are bold enough to tell you to go fuck off after they took $2500 from you, an attorney's letter isn't going to scare them. However, you never know...

LoL, thanks for the link Tim. And I'm not actually a real estate investor. . . I put that there as a joke. But like I said. . regardless of everything and how it went down. I'm probably gonna swing by their home on Saturday when they get back and see how that goes. Cross ya fingers for me!

If nothing else, we could all take turns leaving a flaming bag of shit on their door every night, or other childish pranks such as removing the valve stems from their vehicles. Just small, very annoying, non damaging pranks.

But yea, thats fucked up. hopefully all goes well.

http://everything2.com/?node_id=1310821

I would make gallons of this and insure that they paid the price for weeks.

You're a good guy and I know it's not your style, but keep that link handy just in case ;)

My vote is to use Tim's link and possibly pay a visit to the house that you just put 2500$ down on to keep it off the market. Just an idea though.

Man, tough situation. I wouldn't let $250 slide, let alone $2500.

Absolutely make this couple's life a living Hell. I can not stand people verbally saying one thing and then screwing people in writing.

I have kept deposits on cars that buyers did not follow through on. But, it was repeated multiple time verbally and in writing with a witness.

I like the next step of showing up at their house with a Statey. But, as said before, someone who has the balls to take your 2500 after saying they would not probably would just be jackasses to your father as well.

Take to small claims, it will only cost you 65 dollars if you lose. Ususally a unreasonable contract will not hold up in court, even if you signed them. If you want to consult a lawyer, there are free programs that are ran by the government that can help!

I'm late reading this, and obviously late posting. But damn, and put emphasis on the damn when your reading this. Thats a pro your dealing with. I mean i got scammed out of 10 dollars buy a fast talking drunk guy, but to get taken for 2500... clean...in your face... nothing you can do... ill turn his pool into jello for $20.

Just some info incase you're bored:

Current owner of the house:

KIDD WILLIAM C & MAYS KELLY N SURV

2648 HARDWOOD AVE

LANCASTER OH 43130

Their listed address:

William C Kidd Jr & Kelly N Kidd

7910 Brookfield Pl

Canal Winchester, OH 43110-9052

Owner of the big ass house, people you say scammed you:

WATTS JEFFREY & MONICA SURV

7260 BASIL WESTERN RD

CANAL WINCHESTER OH 43110

LinkedIn info, probably match:

Jeff Watts

Sales Executive at SCS and Owner, Radius-Solutions

Columbus, Ohio Area

Industry Computer Hardware

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/a82/a39

I'm sure I'll have more for you soon, but I'd be verifying who actually owns the home in question.

Jeffrey Watt's home number:

(614) 834-3260

Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?li=rwp&q=7260+Basil+Western+Rd,+Canal+Winchester,+OH+43110

Flight instruction link:

http://www.pilot-flight-instruction.com/profile.370244.html

His business info:

Jeff Watts Enterprises

Address: 7260 Basil Western Rd, Canal Winchester, OH 43110-8914

Location Type: Single Location

Est. Annual Sales: $52,000

Est. # of Employees: 1

Est. Empl. at Loc.: 1

Year Started: 2005

SIC #Code: 7389

Contact's Name: Jeff Watts

Contact's Title: Chief Executive Officer

NAICS: All Other Business Support Services

(614) 834-3261

Business Services in Canal Winchester, OH

Another company of his:

HYVEE INC

HYVEE INC is in the Services, N.E.C. industry in CANAL WINCHESTER, OH. This company currently has approximately 1 to 5 employees and annual sales of Under $500,000.

7260 BASIL WESTERN RD

CANAL WINCHESTER, OH 43110

Location Type: Branch

Industry: Services, N.E.C.

Ownership: Private

Sales Range: Under $500,000

Employees: 1 to 5

LPA listing?

LPA, LITTLE P

7260 BASIL WESTERN RD, CANAL WINCHESTER, OH 43110

Yet another company:

WE-SELL-PROPERTIES-QUICK.COM

Monica L. Watts (jeff1@insight.rr.com)

7260 Basil Western Road

Canal Winchester, OH 43110

US

This is a freaking scam... 1st sign is they are going on vacation and trying to sell a house and need $2500 deposit? w/o even looking into details.

"would you be willing to put down a deposit of 2500 for us to take it off the market and hold it for you?" i think that is what you should focus on if you take it to small claims court. Have documented evidences, i.e. photos of for sale signs at the location,/ ads w/ for sale sign after you have gave them the money, etc..

Also do a credit check on your selves to make sure they "Verified" your credit info, if they didn't they lied to you. They manipulated words and persuaded your wife(more vulnerable figure of two i'm assuming) with the intent of taking a deposit and never trying to sell the house

On the side note, prank calling idea is a bad idea, it would potentially make it harder for him to get a hold of them.