Saturday, June 6th, Dox Open House

Doc1647545523

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support. The forecast still looks good, so keep your fingers crossed.

Some updates:

MAG is still a "go" for a new Ferrari or Bentley, but expects to arrive a little before 6 p.m. Mike Finneran, one of the high-line bosses is bringing the car himself, on his own time, as a favor to me. He is very knowledgeable about Lotus, Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls, Ferrari, and Porsche, and if you're interested in those cars, he's the man to know. If you're seriously considering buying or leasing one, he can put together a test ride and whatever else you need.

Max Hinds from Hinds Motorsports is hoping to have the Can Am Spyder there for the majority of the time from 3-8 p.m. Despite his age (which I think is around 20) Max has some very impressive finishes in AHRMA racing. He and his father, Jeff, have received favorable coverage in the big national motorcycle press.

SloMo hopes to be ready to start dyno runs by 3 or shortly thereafter. They didn't say how long they can stay, but I imagine they'll start packing up by 7 p.m. They will arrive by noon to start their prep, so it's going to be a long day for them. Wyan and/or Corey will be deciding the scheduling, so please do what you can to assist them and please don't be bugging them for extra pulls or adjustments that they aren't set up to do. They are doing this as a favor for us. I'm sure they can help you with more advanced needs at their new location just off I-71 in Sunbury. If you can't get your car dyno'd for free Saturday, please see SloMo or one of our other CR sponsors to get some time scheduled at their shops. I've used SloMo, IPS, Pickups Plus Cars, and Dynotune (DynoBrian) services--they are all good and I can vouch for them all.

City Barbeque is providing pulled pork and/or smoked turkey sandwiches, corn pudding, and potato salad between 5 and 6 p.m. If it looks as though we're running low on food, I'll supplement with pizza. If this doesn't appeal to you, feel free to bring whatever you'd like to have. There is also a McDonald's right down the street. You can bring food to share if you like, but I'm limited on table space, so don't feel obliged to bring pot luck. I thought we ought to keep things simple with the food.

John Howald, the owner of the property, has said he'll be present and will be available to meet with anyone who thinks they might be interested in renting some of the available space in the industrial park.

Those of you who can't arrive until late, don't worry, I'm not closing shop at 8 p.m. You're welcome to come inside the garage and see the cars. I just wanted to have most of the activities shut down outside by dusk, so as to not put kids/pedestrians at additional risk. (There is some light car traffic through the industrial park even on Saturday.)

Most of the CR sponsors have contacted me and said that they are planning on being there with cars/products. When you see a sponsor or a moderator Saturday, be sure to thank them ... they make CR possible for the rest of us freeloaders! :D

Any questions or concerns, feel free to post to this thread, PM me, or phone me. Check the opening post of this thread for the basic info.

I hope to see you Saturday, and I hope you have a great time!

i went to school with max. ha i had no idea he was that big a racer. btw what is this "can am spyder" you speak of.

Google is your friend, young grasshopper: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/97/1329/Motorcycle-Article/2009-Can-Am-Spyder-SE5-First-Ride.aspx

Well smack my ass and call me Sally! I saw one of those on a trailer yesterday down here. It was being pulled by a newer extended cab Chevy. Wasn't him was it? I had no clue what the hell it was, but it looked like a blast to ride.

Doc, I don't know what to say other thank Thank you!

This has to be the most well organized / prepared and higher line events I've seen here. Very well done and if this is at your expense, then you certainly have my gratitude.

I've IM'd the wife as while she's not typically a fan of events and what not for my hobbies like this, this particular event has peaked her interest.

My son's 6th birthday party is that Saturday from 11:30 to 1:30 so I'm not sure how he'll be afterwards. He may just Nintendo DS himself to death and have zero interest. (That's his gift) and he's never had one before :)

Either way, it looks as if I'll be able to make it though. I'll have the Speed 3 there and would love to get some good photo ops in.

Hope to see you there.

This has to be the most well organized / prepared and higher line events I've seen here. Very well done and if this is at your expense, then you certainly have my gratitude.

I've IM'd the wife as while she's not typically a fan of events and what not for my hobbies like this, this particular event has peaked her interest.

My son's 6th birthday party is that Saturday from 11:30 to 1:30 so I'm not sure how he'll be afterwards. He may just Nintendo DS himself to death and have zero interest. (That's his gift) and he's never had one before :)

Either way, it looks as if I'll be able to make it though. I'll have the Speed 3 there and would love to get some good photo ops in.

Hope to see you there.

woo about time you show up Tim!! Im getting my Speed3 on the dyno so we can see what kinda improvements the mods made.

Doc,

Your professionalism continues to shine through my friend! I have a car I have to deliver around 4pm, but can make the trek up there afterwards. I'll bring my son as I'm sure he'll love to see the cars.

For those of you who don't know me...I'll be wearing the Esoteric shirt, so please say hello.

And don't expect a shiny TL-S because I've been too busy working on everybody else's cars (I know of a rare Toyota in particular that wore me out after 18 hours!).

Thanks again for organizing such a great event for everybody.

understandable but i bet your car still looks 10times cleaner(when its "dirty") then most peoples cars when there done up nice haha

understandable but i bet your car still looks 10times cleaner(when its "dirty") then most peoples cars when there done up nice haha

I know this was directed towards me

And I was going to let you drive my car too, until that comment!

sike

I know this was directed towards me

And I was going to let you drive my car too, until that comment!

sike

haha your cars always clean minuis the build up of rubber but that gives it character. oh an PLEEEASEEE let me drive it ill go easy on it an drive it like miss daisy :bangbang:

woo about time you show up Tim!! Im getting my Speed3 on the dyno so we can see what kinda improvements the mods made.

I'll get mine up there too so we can compare :thumbup:

Timing on this event seems pretty good. My photo shoot that day is my sons own b-day so nothing else is keeping me from going :D I'd love to make more events, but honestly, paying photo gig is what I take first. Call me "coin operated" :p Thankfully the weekend business has been good.

Hope to see you there.

I hope that it's a fun event for all: kids, spouses, sponsors. It's really not very well organized ... I've just asked friends to help. The trick was getting a weekend without CR conflicts that was also good weather. CR sponsors and mods have been great about helping, and I hope that more of us get to know each other. If that happens, it can only be win-win.

Because my landlord is such a great guy, my place is an easy place to host an event. It seems like we always need restrooms/food/a place to get out of the sun/wind, a safe place for the little ones to play, plenty of space to park, room to get away from the crowd, etc. This spot has all of that, although I wish the fields were a little softer and plusher--they're kinda hard, but I doubt that the kids will mind much.

Special thanks to Wyan and Corey for providing the dyno. I think it's great that some members on limited budgets will get the chance to dyno their cars. It's also good business for SloMo and the other sponsors who want to meet more potential customers. I hope that the prospect of a free dyno will bring out some of our members who might not attend otherwise.

The tab for the whole event is not that high, and it's a small price for me to pay for all the fun and friendship that CR folks have provided me over this one year that I've been a member.

I'm afraid I can't give you any advice on your car, I can't help you fix your car, I can't help you move stuff or push your car at the track, but at least I can buy you a sammich and give you a place to park your car and meet some like-minded friends. :)

• Upvote 1

Your generosity never fails to amaze me Doc. Im really looking forward to this. Im hoping to cut out of work around 4 so I can get there early enough to actually hang out with everybody. Name tags should be mandatory. lol.