Saturday, June 6th, Dox Open House

Doc1647545523

Open House @ Doc's Garage

Saturday, June 6th 3-8 p.m.

Howald Industrial Park

320 London Road

(corner of London and Liberty Roads)

Delaware, Ohio 43015

Weather looks great so I am finally able to have CR out to an open house at my garage.

Who: All CR members and their families are invited. A few of my non-CR friends will attend, too.

The Facility: Not a dream garage, by any means. But room to store and clean my cars with a little room besides for a car or two in-process. There are rest rooms and a water fountain, room to get in out of the weather, plenty of parking on pavement for our cars.

Directions: Your best bet is to use GPS. I have a small map in the thread to help as well. The facility is on the north side of the road, just northwest of where Liberty Road dead ends into London Road in Delaware. It is 13 miles from Polaris Sonic, so it’s not really that far a drive! :thumbup:

From Columbus, I would recommend a leisurely drive up State Route 315 along the Olentangy River. Just before the route ends at US 23 in Stratford, take Bunty Station Road to the left (west) until it intersects Liberty Road. Turn right (north) on Liberty Road and take it until it ends. Turn left at the light (London Road) and you’ll see the Howald Industrial Park sign immediately on your right.

Another scenic route from northwest Columbus would be to go north on State Route 257 until it intersects with US Route 42. Turn right (east) on US 42 until you see the large Delaware water tower on the left and the Jegs Warehouse on the right. That intersection is London Road. Take a left onto London Road, cross the railroad tracks, and you’ll see Howald Industrial Park on your left.

For the direction-impaired: Go to the Polaris Sonic. Go west on Polaris Parkway (away from I-71). Cross US 23. Polaris Parkway becomes Powell Road. In the village of Powell, the main intersection is Liberty Road. Turn right (north) on Liberty Road. Follow the Liberty Road signs (it takes a jog to the left at one point on Home Road) until it dead ends into London Road. Turn left onto London Road then take the first drive to the right into Howald Industrial Park.

What to do: Slowmotion Motorsports has generously agreed to provide dyno pulls to CR members. On 2WD cars, two pulls are provided for free. :eek: On AWD cars, there will be a $15 surcharge. So that as many people as possible can get the chance to have their cars dyno’d, no additional tuning or dyno services are available this day, but of course Wyan or Corey will hook you up with appointment time at their new facility in Sunbury for whatever you need. There is no advance sign-up for the dyno, so come out and work with the SlowMo guys to try to make this happen as efficiently as possible. They hope to do 3-4 cars each hour. I can’t guarantee they can get you done, but I hope that many of you who have never been able to be dyno’d will take the opportunity.

Midwestern Auto Group has agreed to provide a new, high-line car for display around 6:00 p.m. It will probably be a Ferrari or Bentley. Sorry, no test rides, but maybe a fun photo op.

Hinds Motorsports is planning on bringing a Can-Am Spyder.

A number of CR sponsors have agreed to attend with some of their handiwork. There may or may not be a few display tables, but there promises to be some very sharp cars.

For kids: there are two fields in front of the property that are mowed, but not smooth like a lawn. If your kids want to bring a kite, frisbie, or some yard games, there is plenty of room for them to play within sight of Mom & Dad but away from the cars. CR football? Plenty of room for that.

For photo bugs: This might be one of the best opportunities to get CR photos/videos of people and cars.

Food: City Barbeque will provide a basic buffet with sandwiches and two side dishes for approximately 75 people. Food will be served 5:00 – 6:00 only and is free. Plates and cutlery will be provided. If you and your family want to have special food or want to bring something to share with others, feel free to do that, but it isn’t expected. I will have a small table for some food items but please bring serving utensils if you bring something other than finger food. For people arriving later than 6 p.m. who want to eat, see me on site and we’ll put together a pizza order. There is also a McDonald’s down the street and a Drive-through across the street.

Beverages: There will be limited soda pop served with the meal. There is a pop machine on-site and the drive-thru across the street. If you have an ice chest, bring it along with bottled water, juice or pop to share with friends—there never seems to be enough cold stuff to drink at meets.

Music: a DJ will provide music from CD’s. If you want to bring a CD for him to play, feel free.

Seating: I have none! Bring a folding chair for yourself and one for a friend.

Security: An off-duty Delaware County Sheriff Deputy will be on-site.

Decorum: The purpose is to get together, relax, listen to music, look at cars, and have a good time. :) There will be children around, so please operate your car safely (there is a 10 mph limit in the industrial park) and watch your language and smoking around the kids. You can smoke outside away from kids and you can smoke in my garage, just not where people are eating or in the room where the food is served. Pets, alcohol and illicit drugs are not allowed on the premises.:nono: The owner of the industrial park (John Howald) is planning on attending the event, so please don’t mess things up for me with my landlord by drinking or by doing burnouts in the driveway. He is being generous to accommodate this event. Also, be aware that this is open to all of CR; no doubt some of the people in attendance may not be getting along very well online right now. I would much appreciate it if you at least are civil to each other—you’re not doing yourself or your business any good by arguing and criticizing each other at every chance. You’re all welcome at my place but please check the attitude around my guests. Everyone: introduce yourselves to people you don’t know. A handshake prolly won’t kill you, either.

Questions/suggestions/complaints: Please post to the thread or PM me. My voice mail is 740-405-5565.

Checklist to bring:

Directions, my phone number (740-405-5565)

Lawn chairs

Stocked ice chest if you want

Favorite CD

Hat/sunglasses/sunscreen if it’s bright

Kite/yard games if you want

Camera

I look forward to seeing you all Saturday! :D

Edited by Doc
  • Upvote 1

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweetness. Call me if you need any help getting things ready, I can come over friday night if you need me. Im hoping I can get out of work early enough on saturday to see more than people leaving the meet. :(

Seeing as how its in my town, I'll swing by for a little while at least. Is it still gravel, or is your lot paved? I'm still cleaning dust out of my car from the gravel back there, lol.

Seeing as how its in my town, I'll swing by for a little while at least. Is it still gravel, or is your lot paved? I'm still cleaning dust out of my car from the gravel back there, lol.

The area where we're having the event is paved, as is the entrance. Quite a bit of the complex just has gravel, though.

The area where we're having the event is paved, as is the entrance. Quite a bit of the complex just has gravel, though.

Any good field/dirt type space? Some of us have some trick little r/c cars we could bring and demo... :)